[D1] Drabble

Just a stand-alone veryy short drabble. Weee...

***
The Tenth Month

The door was not locked but no one answered her call. (Y/N) made her way in to find the house void of children and only their white hair boss lying asleep on the sofa, the newest edition of Shonen Jump covering his face. Quietly tiptoeing into the kitchen, she squeezed in the fridge lots of puddings and sweets besides the common strawberry milk stock, pondering if she was feeding into his diabetes.

Back to the living room, she carefully picked up the magazine and put it away neatly. The boss of the house was sleeping with his strangely innocent face, which made her smile. She looked closely and took in his features. His light color eyelashes and round cheeks. He must be gaining weight from all the unhealthy consumption. His iconic wavy silver perm. Actually not so iconic anymore considering how there were so many characters with white hair nowadays. (H/C) color was the best. (Y/N) giggled and fell silent, looking at him endearingly.

Please be always peaceful like this.

Holding her breath, she leaned closer to him—

—And instantly turned to the door, noticing there was a small meowling outside. She bolted up and walked out, smiling cheerfully at the neighborhood cat that plopped down on the balcony.

"Ahh my godd! You are so cutee! Little cutie I miss you so much!!!" She chirped, hugging and giving the feline all her affection.

A dark shadow looming over her, clearly not in the best of moods...

"The hell...! Abandon me just for a cat!" Gintoki pulled the girl back inside, scowling at her oblivious expression "You were totally going to kiss me just now!!!"

"I-I wasn't" She glanced away in embarrassment "You read too much of those cliche mangas I tell you...". (Y/N) pouted, bringing the cat closer to her face and moving its front legs "I thought you said you don't like clingy girls..."

"I..." A slight redness crept up the Yorozuya boss's face "It's different."

Putting his arm over her shoulders, he placed a gentle kiss on her temple:

"You are leaving soon?"

"Yes... How do you know?" She asked amusingly, a bit too mean on her end.

"Common occurrence." He sighed, ruffling his hair "You should have really kissed me back then..."

"You know I couldn't."

"—He wouldn't know."

(Y/N) smiled half-heartedly at his response; her eyes conveyed an emotion only a few would understand. Letting the cat back on the floor, she checked the clock and informed she need to leave now.

"When will you visit again?" He crossed his arms, leaning on the wall.

"I don't know. We're going to a different galaxy this time." She tied her shoe laces, knowing the look on the guy's face. He was making it more difficult to see him each time.

"But no later than same day next year. You know I never miss your birthday, ever since we were kids." She stood up and cheered "Happy birthday Gin-san!!!"