[5.33] Loved One Girl

AN: I invent something about Hijikata. I started watching the anime already but I'm at episode... 4 so if anything, please bypass it ^___^

Warning: Not happy stuff

Countdown clock: 1+1

***

"(Y/N)-nee, we're home!"

"Gosh, he still hasn't let go of you?"

Shinpachi scrunched his nose at the good-for-nothing perm head who was still napping on (Y/N)'s laps since early afternoon. The (H/C) girl looked away from her book and nodded at the children. Her fingers slightly raked Gintoki's curly hair.

"(Y/N)-nee, brush my hair too!" Kagura jumped to the older girl's side and melted at the Secretary's relaxing touch on her head. At the same time, Sadaharu also nudged the lady for petting to which (Y/N) happily complied.

"You are spoiling them rotten." The glasses boy told her with a kind smile while sorting out the groceries "They will make a scene if you don't do it anymore."

"When it comes to love your family, you shouldn't hold back, Shin. You don't know what will happen tomorrow."

Her simple response stunned the boy for a moment, and he came to admit that what she said was true.

'I don't understand how such a great girl agrees to date Gin-san.'

"Because he took advantages of her at her most vulnerable moment, yes." Kagura pointed out as Shinpachi flinched.

"You can read my thought?!"

"You said it out loud, stupid Patsuan." The young girl sighed and shook her head "But it's true that (Y/N)-nee and Gin-chan are so different. My mom used to say couple who are too different cannot last long. How long will you love him, (Y/N)-nee?"

Both children and the giant dog stared at her with their lie detection sensors, and it posed no difficulty to the Secretary.

"A while more."

"I know it!" Kagura clapped her hands together "There is no way any woman wants to stay with him forever, yes. Have you ever felt happy that you date him?"

"Sometimes."

"WHAT KIND OF ANSWER IS THAT?! WHAT DID I DO THAT YOU'RE NOT HAPPY?!"

The supposedly sleeping perm head popped up like a spring and did his banshee shriek that blew (Y/N)'s book away. Her hair which was blown backwards fell back to dangle around her face while she smiled brightly:

"You are finally awake."

Everyone burst out laughing around Gintoki, making him embarrassingly scold at everything, even at the innocent Sadaharu who didn't mind to swallow his head whole.

Looking back on that fragment of memories, Gintoki realized it was not what he did that she was not happy. It was him.

She could not be happy with him.