Chapter 37 - Hero Too

*3rd person POV*

The clock strikes 10. The lights shut off with a metallic clunk, eliciting gasps and shouts of excitement throughout the crowd. It's time.

Kyoka stands at the front of the group, right between the centre of the stage curtains. She shoots a quick smile back to her class, readying herself for the thrill.

Slowly, the curtain opens, revealing the band in their orange T-shirts, with the dance troop at the front in their unique outfits.

"Yaoyorozu! Yaoyorozu! Yaoyorozu!"

The crowd cheers the heroine's name, most of them having learned about her from her performance at the sports festival, and many of them jealous of Y/N's position.

Mirio stands in the midst of the crowd, holding Eri on his shoulder as she looks on with a worried gaze, searching for Stopwatch, Creati and Deku alike.

The action is mutual, and the three onstage search for the head of slightly off-white hair, with Y/N using his quirk to slow down time and spot them. He points to Eri as Bakugo shouts, marking the beginning of the performance.

"ALL OF UA...

WE'LL KILL 'EM WITH OUR SOUND!"

The song begins, and while some on stage try to keep their cool, others are anxious, however persistent enthusiasm is shared between them all.

"Thanks for coming out!" Jiro shouts, playing the first notes of the song. The excitement is mutual between the crowd and the performers, with hairs pricking up on the backs of necks as the guitars begin to play.

"What am I to be?

What is my calling?

I gave up giving up, I'm ready to go!

The future's left unseen

It all depends on me

Put it on the line to follow my dreams, yeah!"

Jiro's singing is amazing beyond belief, her passion unrivalled, and with even the most stubborn to admit of the other classes being impressed with her outstanding vocals.

And not to forget the band, Kaminari seems to enjoy playing his electric guitar, Momo certainly isn't unfamiliar to the keyboard and Bakugo is hitting the drums as if they were tiny Midoriyas.

Eri looks on with wide and worried eyes, trained on Midoriya and Y/N as the song builds up.

"Tried all my life! I tried to find!

Something that makes me hold on and never let go!

Ohhh!"

Kyoka's voice pierces the air and creates an atmosphere that can only be described as immense. Eri's face grows a look of slight concern, but also a hint of curiosity, with the glint in her eye showing the tiniest amount of excitement peeking out through the mental barricades of stubborn degradation.

And, despite Iida's slightly robotic movements, the dancers are in sync. It looks good. No, it looks great. Amazing. Spectacular. Stellar. To the point where you wouldn't be able to guess it wasn't a professional performance. Even the 108cm boy looks somewhat in place with his colleagues.

The show only gains momentum as it progresses, with more and more initially unwilling students caving in to their instincts and raving in the crowd.