Chapter 12 - Internship

"We are having a special hero informatics class today." Mr Aizawa says. The class stays silent, but inside I can tell that everyone in collectively groaning.

"You have to choose your hero names." Mr Aizawa continues.

The class cheers and shouts, but Mr Aizawa's eyes turn red and his hair flies over him. The class quietens down again.

He explains how some things will work about being scouted by agencies and hero's, for internships, and clicks a button on a remote to show results on a screen.

5,167 - Y/N L/N
4,123 - Shoto Todoroki
3,998 - Momo Yaoyorozu
432 - Katsuki Bakugo
...

I read the list as I go down, and see Midoriya didn't get any offers. I first turn to Momo and give her a thumbs up and a smile, to which she  tilts her head and smiles back, in her adorable bubbly way.

I then turn to Midoriya.

"Midoriya, how did you not get scouted?! You did great!" I say frantically. He just looks slightly beat up mentally, with Mineta gently shaking his back. He says nothing, so I look back towards Mr Aizawa.

He is talking, so I tune my ears into him. "Those hero names are still temporary, but if you're not serious about it-."

"You'll have hell to pay!" Midnight cuts him off.

The door flies open as she speaks, and most of the boys, except me, Bakugo, Shoji and Todoroki all begin to ogle at Midnights costume as she walks in, purposefully strutting her hips.

Mineta is practically drooling, but as long as it's not at any of the girls in our year, I don't care.

"Midnight will be making sure your names are okay." Mr Aizawa says, crawling into his sleeping bag and dozing off.

"Okay, let's start presenting the names, starting with those who are ready." Midnight announces.

"We're presenting these?" Kirishima says worriedly.

Everyone announces their names, starting with Aoyama. They start weird, but Tsu sets a good example, and sets everyone back on track.

"Everything hero: Creati!" Momo says seriously.

"Creative!" Midnight chimes in.

I speak to Momo as she sits down.

"How did you think of such a good name Momo! I can't think of one!" I panic. She stands behind me and wraps her arms over my shoulders and loosely around my neck in a hug, before leaning forward and kissing me on the cheek, much to Mina and Hagakure's delight.

"How about something that has something to do with time?" She suggests. "Like a clock maybe."

My eyes light up as I realise the name that I should choose.

"How about Stopwatch?" I ask, unsure.

"Momo's eyes light up and she tightens her hug, before letting go and placing her wrists together and bubbling again.

"Y/N! That's so good!" She squeals.

"Really? Ok, I guess that's my name then."

I step up to the lectern and turn around my whiteboard, and speak loudly and clearly, my confidence boosted by Momo's compliments.

"Time hero: Stopwatch." I say.

"So inventive!" Midnight comments.

————————————————————

After we finish choosing our hero names, Mr Aizawa continues explaining the internships, and their specifications, before handing out sheets where we can choose where to go.