Chapter 29 - Hold On

**Y/N POV**

"You will have the chance to do work studies at agencies with good track records of taking in students." Aizawa explains, before flopping to the floor in his omnipresent sleeping bag and dozing off.

I turn around in my seat to speak to Yaoyorozu, who is sucking on a lollipop despite school rules on eating in homeroom, before stopping myself upon seeing her.

Pain pangs in my chest as I realise that for the first time in months, the person I long for most can't be reached. At all.

I withdraw back into my chair and stay quiet.

Work studies. Who to go with.

It comes to my head. It would be a stroke of luck to get into. Barely even recognised as an agency because of how rarely they take students.

Lone wolf of hero society: Mirko.

The same hero which took in my ex-girlfriend.

Wherever I lead my thoughts, they end up back at her. I thought we were meant to be together, made for each other, moulded for each other, but she threw it away for a druggie in a tea shop.

I instead turn to to Uraraka.

"Where are you-"

I stop myself from disturbing the two undiluted muffins of cuteness as they attempt to have a conversation through raging blushes and stuttering so severe it's a wonder they can understand each other.

However unnoticeable it is at first glance, the two are very close together. And nicknames? It's known that Midoriya is 'Deku' in the eyes of Uraraka, but I've never heard Midoriya call her 'Ocha' before. Then again it could be his Goliath stutter that's disrupting his words.

I watch in amusement as they continuously stumble over their sentences, before the sickening loom of regret shrouds me again.

"Shit." I say, placing my palms over my eyes and my elbows on the desk, with my head pointed towards the floor. "Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit."

I've lost it. I thought I was stable. I was a functioning human before Yaoyorozu. But now going back seems frankly impossible.

Like trying to get clean off an addictive drug, except you're locked in a cage with it set out in front of you, and left. I can't abandon her, I still love her, but she's taken me and dumped me when she wanted. I could go for another girl, I'm sure that if I went outside the school gates there'd be a swarm of beautiful girls that see me as a pop star, but I don't love them

I love her. Even after what she's done. I can't get back together with her like my gut is telling me I need to. I can't be irrational.

"Y/N?"

"Oh, sorry Tsu, I was lost in thought." I say to the green-haired girl. "Where are you going for your internship?"

"Me and Ochaco are going to go to the Ryukyu agency. What about you, kero?"

"I was going to go to Mirko's agency, but I've heard she's really hard to contact, and really picky about who she takes in."

"Doesn't she only take in people who can keep up with her pace?"

"Well, I'll have to be good then!" I reply.

"Mirko, huh?" A voice says from behind me. I don't turn around but instead look past Tsuyu and at the wall in front of me.

"Yeah... she was good, right?"

"Uhhh... yeah." The voice says.

Awkwardly, the person says nothing more before walking away.