Chapter 20 - Training Camp (part 1)

*night of the scare competition - Y/N POV*

"L/N will be paired with... Midoriya!" Pixie Bob says enthusiastically. We were the final pair to be called, but according to the blonde hero, we will be the first to depart.

I hear crying behind me, and I turn myself to see Mineta having a tantrum to Aoyama.

"Let me switch with you Aoyama!" He cries. I walk over and stand in front of him.

"Over my dead body." I retort to him. Momo is Aoyama's partner. There's no way in hell im letting him anywhere near her.

"L/N, Midoriya, go and collect your tags!" Mandalay says happily. I nod and me and Midoriya begin our trek.

————————————————————

"Are you scared?" I ask as we trudge through the trodden dirt to the far side of the course.

"I-I-Uhh-W-Well, N-NO!" He says, before screaming the last part as two horns embed themselves in the ground in front of us. I use my quirk and move forwards to see Pony Tsunotori grinning from in front of us.

I turn her around and walk back to Midoriya, where we continue walking.

"That wasn't very convincing." I joke with a raised eyebrow.

Nonetheless, we continue our walk through the forest, Midoriya jumping at every opportunity, while I laugh most of them off, except Shiozaki's attempt, that one made me jump a bit.

"What's that?" Midoriya says, pointing to the sky.

I look up to see black smoke billowing from deeper within the forest, which is worrying, with a mist also creeping out from between the closest trees.

"Don't breathe that!" I say frantically. "It could be poisonous!"

"You think there's villains here! This place was supposed to be secret!" Midoriya worries.

"I'm getting us back to camp!" I say, about to activate my quirk.

"No!" He shouts. "You go back to camp, I'm getting Kota!"

"Who?" I ask back.

"Mandalay's cousin, he's in the mountains!"

"You shouldn't go, let the heroes get him!" I say back.

"No, there's not enough. I'm getting him, you see if you can get anyone else back to camp."

I know that he will go for the kid whatever I say, that's his nature, so I head back along the trail, using my quirk, to find anyone else.

I stumble down the pathway, hand covering my mouth as my lungs clench themselves for oxygen, strained by the use of my quirk and the desperation in my head simultaneously.

I see a large, oddly coloured shape in the distance, and when I close in, I see Itsuka, with her hand over her mouth, and another person clasped in her enlarged fist.

I make my way to her, stopping my quirk so we can talk once I get near.

"Itsuka!" 

"Y/N!"

"The gas! It's villains!" She exclaims with rough breath and her face turning a deep purple from the lack of air.

"Villains? Well for now we just need to get away from this mist."

"Yes your righ-"

"Kendo!" Testutetsu interjects from the side of the path, pushing out from around the shrubbery, holding Shiozaki in his arms.