Chapter 30 - Equivalent Exchange

**Y/N POV**

The corridor is bleak and square in shape. I turn around and remember that everyone else has to push through the raging crowd to get in.

I do a U-turn and head back out into the open field, walking towards where the Nighteye agency and the Fatgum agency are pushing through the crowd with some other pro heroes.

I walk in a beeline towards them, knocking any enemies in my path with a swift blow to the temple, before a shove to the side.

I head back to the doorway and stand proudly as I stop my quirk. An echoey thump rings out through the area as maybe 30 people flop to the floor and sway to the side in an action that mimics Moses parting the sea.

The convenient passageway is noticed by Midoriya and the group of heroes, and they sprint through the gap.

"This way." Nighteye says, taking charge and bursting through the doors to the building. We run down the corridor (well actually, I walk, just really fast), until Nighteye stops at a small outcrop.

"I have to press these panels down in a certain order." He says, using his quirk. He almost touch-types through the door, and it opens to the other side.

"Are you ready, darling?" Yaoyorozu whispers in my ear. I shudder and step away from her.

"This is inappropriate, Yaoyorozu." I condemn. She grins and leans back.

"I'm sorry." She says with a toothy smile.

The door opens and I go through it quickly, eager to be at the front of the pack and away from my ex-girlfriend.

"It's a dead end. So much for your quirk being helpful." Rock Lock comments rudely.

"I'll go check if there's anything on the other side." Mirio says, walking through the wall.

"Yep, the corridor continues." He explains, after re-emerging. Midoriya and Kirishima rush forward, and destroy the wall using their quirks. We step through, and I am about to activate my quirk to go and search the compound, when Nighteye puts a hand on my shoulder.

He seems to make a mental note, before tugging my shoulder around so that I am facing him. He looks me deep in the eyes.

He looks very confused.

And then very disgusted.

"I'm not sure what to say about your future. I can't be sure if you will find her or not. The one thing I can advise, however, is to move at a relatively slow pace" he says.

"Why's that?" I ask. "I could have this place searched within 5 seconds?"

"Wire." He tells me. "It's placed somewhere along these corridors at certain intervals. Harmless to the rest of us, maybe just a nick or a scrape, but at your speeds..."

"..."

"You'll be diced."

"So thats why you were looking green." I joke dryly.

"Well, internal organs aren't my favourite thing to look at so early in the morning- actually, I don't like to look at them at all."

Momo giggles like a little girl.

Is she turning into a yandere or something?!

"Okay, I'll be very careful." I say, unsheathing my katana.

"I want to come with you." Yaoyorozu says.

"Yes, good idea." Nighteye agrees, before I have a chance to object. "She can be reinforcements, she'll follow you through the corridors, and when you need her you can carry her to battle."