Chapter 14 - Stain

"More fakes for me to suppress? Good." Stain seethes.

Me and Todoroki say nothing back, but I turn to him quickly.

"I'll get the injured out of here. Hold him back for a couple of seconds." I say. Todoroki nods, and I activate my quirk at 50x.

I have to use low numbers. I especially against a big-time villain like stain, having to take a break could be fatal. I pick up Midoriya, and drag him to behind me and Todoroki. He's uninjured, only a graze to his cheek, so he'a still useful in a fight if and when the immobility wears off.

I go back for Iida, and attempt to pick him up, so as not to make his injuries worse, but his armor is too heavy. I drag him out of the alleyway and Into a corner.

I go back Into the alleyway, and I see Todoroki's right arm at about 45 degrees, ever so slowly edging up his arm to become perpendicular, so that he can shoot his ice.

I look to Native, and see a horrible sight. He is slumped by the wall of the alleyway, his skin pale and blood spilt on the floor next to him.

Even worse, Stain stands over him, katana unsheathed and currently thrusting towards Native's chest, intending for the killing blow.

My head and heart are both pounding from the strain of my quirk, and the stress from the situation. I don't have enough breath for a super move, so I take out my own katana and strike down on Stain's blade, swiping it out of the way of Native.

I unconsciously breathe out in this action, and Stain looks at me right in the eyes, from 10 centimetres away, as his sword penetrates a soft, crumbly brick of the wall beside the pro hero's shoulder.

Stain hisses as he looks into my eyes with hatred, and uses his free hand to snatch a knife from his belt.

He grabs the knife and thrusts towards my stomach, and I'm in a state of helplessness, panting from overuse of my quirk, and completely vulnerable, my hero costume not giving any protection.

I brace myself for the pain, but it doesn't come. Instead I hear an almost... sparkly sound? I look away from Stain's eyes and down to his hand, now encased in ice. I take the opportunity and lift my sword off of his, and swipe with it, swinging for his hand (although very unheroic), aiming to sever it.

I slash down, but Stain is quick, taking a hand off of his katana and getting second knife from his belt, and blocking.

By this point, I have my breath back, and I activate at 50x again. I drag Native next to Iida, deactivate my quirk, and shout to Todoroki.

"I know basic first aid." I tell him. "Can you protect me for a couple of seconds?"

"Yes, I can." He confirms.

I reach down to my utility belt, and open a pouch, revealing a hoop of bandage and some other supplies. I activate my quirk, before I begin the first aid.

I start with Iida, bandaging where he has been stabbed in the shoulder. I plaster anywhere with big cuts, and give him a small injection of morphine to dull his pain.

I move to Native and do the same, but he has a massive slash across his abdomen, and needs medical help, fast.

I stop my quirk and go back into the main part of the alleyway, before talking to the struggling Midoriya.

"Midoriya, as soon as you get your movement back, call Mr Aizawa for backup!"

He grunts, trying to move, but only managing a slight vibration. I look back up to see todoroki in a heated fight with Stain.