Chapter 39 - A Special Guest

Y/N wakes up, not too early but not afternoon either, and his mind is hazy. Hazy to the point where rolling over and laying an arm across, he expects to find his girlfriend, so she could be pulled closer and he could place his chin over her shoulder, and rest his head against hers.

Instead, he falls 60 centimetres, and faceplants the floor of his room, with a satisfactory 'whump'.

Groaning, standing up and ruffling his hair, coming to his senses as he realises be currently doesn't have a girlfriend, instead he has a child. He had thought he whole conundrum was a dream when he first woke, but lo and behold, when he looks to his bed, Momo chan is lying there, the sheets somehow twisted around her in some form of möbius loop despite him having left them in pristine condition.

"Momo-chan." He says quietly, so as not to wake her too abruptly. "Momo-chan!"

Slowly, she opens her eyes, and closes her mouth which she has subconsciously left open while she slept.

"Time to get up." Y/N continues, gently shaking her shoulder.

"Hmph! Don't wanna!" She argues, squeezing her eyes shut as tight as she can, while pulling the duvet over her head so that she's hiding beneath it.

"Come on. We can't keep you in one of Eri's sweaters and half a pair of Toru's shorts for the weekend." Y/N says, stretching out his dead arm from sleeping on the couch.

She doesn't reply, going by the logic of 'I can't see you, you can't see me'.

"Alright. You have until I get back from getting you breakfast. Then you have to get up."

"...okay." She replies.

"I'm back, time to get up."

"What?!" She protests, yanking the cover down to show her face. "That's not fair!"

"You agreed to the rules." Y/N replies, a smile on his face as he sees the little one in front of him. "You want the fruit bowl or the pancakes?"

Momo-chan doesn't have a particularly large attention span, which is why everything else becomes unimportant at the mention of pancakes.

"...Pancakes?"

"As I thought." Y/N continues. "What do you want on them?"

"Chocolate!"

"It's 10am, that's too early for chocolate."

Momo-chan doesn't appreciate this response, and tussles the bedsheets as she gets up on her feet and starts jumping up and down.

"Chocolate please!"

Even if it is slightly loud, Y/N gives in to her adorableness after a mere matter of seconds. For Momo, in whatever form, he was a complete pushover.

He rushes downstairs for chocolate sauce and thought 'what the hell' as he gave in and went to the back of one of the unused cupboards, and shuffled around some old pans until he came across Mina's stash that she keeps secret from Aizawa, only to be used in case of emergencies.

There's bars of chocolate, sprinkles, mini brownies and cookie dough; toffee, caramel, butterscotch and honey; whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries and Reece's cups. Momo was not going hungry, although she might have a sugar high extreme enough to power Tohoku for a day.

He grabs as much as he can, and brings it all up to his room, setting it on his table. 'I'd be a shit parent' he thinks 'but at least the kids would like me'.

"Okay, seeing as this is a one-off situation and I'm never getting the chance to see you like this again... take your pick." He tells Momo-chan as he puts all the sugar on display.