Chapter 34 - Fast Learner

*Y/N POV - Saturday.*

"So, Y/N, what grade of guitar did you get to?" Jiro asks, setting up a piece of music on the stand in front of her

"I stayed up late last night and I theoretically would've passed my grade 6 exam, if I'd had an invigilator and marker." I reply.

"W-woah." She says, slightly startled. "I thought you'd get to like - grade 2 if I was lucky."

"Well, I'm a fast learner." I reply, picking up a guitar and strumming it to gain some sense of  tune.

"You're fast at everything." She corrects, stepping backwards and handling her bass, playing the opening part of the song.

With my newly gained music talent, I slow down time to make the notes easier to hit. It feels like playing guitar hero, I just have to wait for the right time.

The song's good. Very good. 'Hero too' is the name that Jiro thought of. And she sings it well. Although the lyrics are still under construction, she sings it very well. Like a professional - in fact - she could probably get a label for it and it would sell like wildfire, at least among fans.

"Hey, can we have Y/N." Kirishima shouts, beckoning me towards the effects team after the rough draft of the song is finished.

I appear at the table, as they hand around sheets of paper with ideas written.

"Y/N, could you be able to pull party poppers around all the students without them realising?" Koda asks in a rare feat of speech.

"Sure- in fact I could do more if you need." I reply.

"We'll be sure to ask!" Kirishima says. Offering a fistbump.

We knock our knuckles as I, conveniently, get heckled by the dance troop.

"Over here Y/N!" Mina calls, drawing my gaze as she spins over herself, hair swishing and limbs darting.

"We're not doing that in the dance, are we?" I joke, walking over.

"No, shorty here isn't flexible enough for that." She says. Darting a quick side-eye to Mineta, who's trying to peek up Ochaco's skirt.

"Hey! Mineta!' Uraraka shouts, catching him touching her leg.

It's now that I realise the sheer frequency of Mineta's beatings. Well, if he could stop being a pervert he wouldn't get them at all. Every time he does something to a girl, he gets abused. you'd think that'd make him stop, at least when people are around, but no.

He instead sees is as better to be fly-kicked across a room by a vengeful Midoriya - a drastic change from his regular mindset of live-and-let-live. His angry eyes, flaring with the reflections from his emerald lightning suddenly soften after a brief second. He watches as Mineta flies through the air and towards a window.

Midoriya uses his quirk again, suddenly realising that the boy might fly through and smash the aforementioned window. I don't know if he is more worried about breaking it or breaking Mineta, but nevertheless he leaps forwards and saves the purple-haired boy before an injury occurs.

"Get off her." Deku says harshly, leaving the room in silence. It takes a lot to make Izuku Midoriya angry.

He walks back over to Ochaco, and they both blush as he takes her hand and pecks her lips. I use my quirk to stand behind Mina and hold her shoulders as she tries to get to Ochaco, as Shoji does the same to Hagakure.

"Give them a minute." I tell the vibrating blob of pink I'm holding. "You're like paparazzi."

"But they're just too cute together!" She eggs on as the two divert to their locations in the dance troop.