Chapter 15 - Closer

I slowly stir from my slumber, and come to my senses, noticing the soft, warm body that I cradle to my chest.

Momo stays asleep, blissfully unaware, as I look at her relaxed features, the slow, steady rise and fall of her chest, the slight rose tint to her cheeks, and her slightly parted lips as they quietly mumble, inaudible and inconceivable to anyone but her.

I don't move, not wanting to wake her, so I lay still and watch her, filling with love and wondering how I was so lucky to have her as my girlfriend. I snap out of my trance of adoration when I realise that it might be uncomfortable if she wakes to me watching her.

I instead check the time, and see 10:32 displayed on the digital clock next to her bed, placed neatly between a picture of her mother and a scented candle, with her phone face down on the table as well.

I look back down to the beautiful woman nestled to my chest, and brush a strand of her raven hair away from her face and behind her ear.

I move my hand down to hers, and slowly and gently interlock her fingers with mine, being as precarious as possible so as not to wake her.

I place a soft kiss on her neck, before leaning back into a comfortable position, and laying silently and still, until the figure nuzzled to my body begins to slowly move and come to life.

"Hey beautiful." I say softly and quietly.

"Y/N?" She asks. I answer her by leaning down and kissing her gently on the cheek. I pull my head back, but she lazily brings her hand to my jaw and pulls me back in.

We kiss more intimately, as she slowly wakes up and becomes more aware.

"I don't want my morning kiss to be half-done." She says with a smile, after moving her lips off of mine and hovering her face very close.

I kiss her quickly again, before gently manoeuvring from underneath her. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth as she finally comes to her full senses.

I step out of the bathroom to see her messy-haired and dissatisfied.

"I hate morning hair." She complains. "It gets everywhere and it looks bad." I smile and reach back into the en-suite, prising a hairbrush from the counter.

"You look amazing however your hair is." I comment, sitting closely behind her, so her messy locks fall over my chest, and my head is over her shoulder. "But I can untangle it if you want."

She turns her head with a wide smile.

"Really? Thanks Y/N." She gushes, while I bring the hairbrush up to her scalp and ever-so-slowly trail it down her thick mane, trying ever-so-carefully not to hurt her.

I continue to tend to her hair as I enjoy the peace, and the feeling of her being close to me.

"All done." I say, setting down the hairbrush with a jolly grin. She grabs her phone from the table behind her and opens the camera. She turns it into selfie mode and focuses on her hair, inspecting my handiwork, before smiling profusely.

"That's so nice Y/N!" She thanks, softly but excitedly. "Can you do one more thing for me?"

I nod and speak, matching her soft tone, but not excitedly. "Anything."

"Kiss me." She says, leaning back and puckering her lips. I instantly comply and peck her lightly.

A flash comes from the side, and I pull away to see a photo of us kissing on Momo's phone.

"New phone wallpaper!" She buzzes i just laugh and counter.

"Well, I need some too." I say, clambering off of the bed, and standing in front of Momo with my phone camera pointed at her, while she sits on the bed.