Chapter 10 - Sports Festival (part 4)

**this is the last part of the sports festival arc, don't worry, I know there's been a lot.**

The crowd cheers wildly, but on the ground floor of the stage, it's a more solemn atmosphere. Midnight's quirk is practically useless against me because I can hold my breath so well already, along with being able to dodge it. Cementoss is sitting forward in his seat, ready to act at any moment.

We walk to the fighting plate and stand opposite each other as the crowd settles down. I shoot her a small smile, hopefully that the cameras don't see, and she nods back, determined.

Midnight raises her whip for the final time.

"Ready, go!"

I'm still conflicted on how to advance towards Momo. I'm not doing a massive strike like on Bakugo, that's a definite.

I activate my quirk at 100x, but by the time it's started, Momo already had made goggles over her eyes, and thrown two... matriochkas? They hit the floor about 2 metres in front of her. I watch them as they slowly hit the ground, and begin to bounce up, I'm weary as I watch them, they seem too random of a thing for Momo to have made without cause. The heads fly off and I walk over to one to take another look.

I pick it up and examine it. I take the bottom half of the doll off, leaving me with a plastic cylinder. It vibrates in my hand, which is worrying considering the speed of my movements.

Suddenly, it burns hot and I drop it, but it continues to fall at an immensely slow pace. I'm looking directly at it when it explodes, engulfing my vision with a white sheet and piercing my ears with a deafening noise.

I plug my ears with my fingers and attempt to look around for Momo, but everything in my field of view is just blinding white. I retreat back a couple of paces and stop my quirk.

My ears are ringing and I rub my eyes, I'm almost caught off guard, but I hear footsteps coming towards me. I can't see, but I hear the click as more of the matriochkas hit the ground.

As soon as I gain any sort of vision I activate my quirk at 300x.

I look up and see Momo is airborne, staff above her head, ready to strike down. I get up and take the goggles off of her face, and see that her eyes are welling small tears.

It pulls at my heart strings slightly and I decide not to end the match here where I could've. I slip the glasses off of her head, and put them over my eyes. I then look back to Momo to see her other equipment.

She's created earbuds in her ears to block out the ringing. I don't take them. I wipe the tears from the corners of her eyes, and set my quirk to 5x.

She lands and strikes, but somethings wrong. As I watch her the staff strikes the ground, but not where I was laying, she never planned to actually hit me, she hit to the side. I'm confused at this point, so I activate my quirk at 250x and walk back over to Momo's side of the arena, before stopping my quirk for a break.

I hear her cry out slightly as the flash grenades explode, blinding her as the purple sparkles form on her brow, and another pair of goggles appear over her eyes.

I berate myself inside for doing that to her.

This time she creates a shield in front of her arm. She rushes at me but I easily dodge it. She's creating more flash grenade matriochkas as she attacks, the blinding light disrupting my view. She sprints at me, without a staff, and tries to push me out of the arena. I do the same and we are holding each others shoulders, attempting to push the other out of bounds.

My strength overpowers her and I hear her call out in either shock or pain. I instantly let go and see a her grab her shoulder in pain.

I look at my hands and step away.