1 - Demetri Arch

[Edited]

Vampire Mates

1: Demetri Arch

"Hurry up, Rose!" yelled my best friend Lily Edwards, from the other side of the hallway.

It was officially the worst day of my life. First of all, I got up late this morning. The girls already went because the finals are coming and they, who aren't exactly what I call studious, needed to head to the library to study. Well, unlike me, who studied weeks before the tests. Yes, call me nerd. To be honest, I am one. A one that is proud of it, in fact. In fact, I refer to myself as an intellectual badass.

Second reason why it was a horrible day, even though it had just started: missing the hour bus, I had to sprint 1 mile here to school without eating breakfast. To make things better, may I add, this was all during the time of my month. And guess what? I finished my tampons so I had to hunt down Dana's, my other friend. Isn't that just lovely?

"C'mon, Rose! Mr. Simpson is going to skin you alive!" Lily said, her voice laced with urgency.

"I'm coming!" I squeaked nervously, chucking down the folders and papers into my book bag as I checked my digital watch that was wrapped around my wrist. 7:28. Shit. Class is about to start.

As I dashed over to my friends, a rich, deep and husky voice behind me questioned, "Hey, do you know where Mr. Simpson's class is?" I turned around my heart literally stopped. Dang is he fine, I thought silently.

I was about to stutter back a response when I dumbly realized that the question was directed not at me, but towards Dana. Of course it was.

Trust Dana to be the seductress, the one that stands out, out of all of us. She's naturally gorgeous, even under the perfect amount of makeup she applies to her face. Her curly chocolate hair made her look sweet but her mesmerizing blue eyes had a mischievous glint in them. She could have any guy she wanted, with just a simple snap of her fingers.

The guy who had asked the question was too good-looking and sexy, to say the least. His tousled dirty blonde hair with hints of brown in them made him look mysterious, and gave him a bad-boy aura. He was tall and definitely muscular, seeing how his muscles flexed when he adjusted the bag on his shoulder. But what really attracted me was his deep, hypnotising blue eyes. Even though they were not in direct contact with mine, I felt shivers down my back as I looked at them. I gulped nervously. Who was this man? He seemed so familiar yet strange, as contradicting as it sounds.

Would it be too corny if I said it was because I have only met him in my dreams?

I held in my snort. Oh, Rose. Sometimes, you're just so funny.

"Sure!" Dana purred as she batted her eyelashes. Yeah, Dana would be the one turning an answer to a chance to flirt. "Let me see your schedule." She smiled seductively, taking the paper from the guy's hand. "Wow, just your luck! You have the same schedule as us!"