14 - And that was All in One Day

Vampire Mates
14: And that was All in One Day

Author’s Note: Sorry for ultra short chapter. I hope you guys still enjoy it!

Rosemarie’s Point of View

“Oh wow, really? That sounds amazing! Listen, Lily, I got to go, OK? Have fun with Simone,” I said into my phone. Lily had only called 5 minutes earlier but I didn’t want to waste my credit because a phone call from here to all the way in Venice is quite expensive.

“Okay!” Lily’s voice said into the phone, “Do tell Dem I said hi! Stop! That was – Stop it! – Simone, and also I’ll be –God, Simone! – buying gifts for you all. I saw a gorgeous 5 inch thick sketch book with a picture of a piazza on it. Anyway, Dana says hi too, and Simone says he wants to see Demetri and make sure that he is as hot as Dana claims him to be. So, by--- Oh my God, Simone! That’s it, you’re going down!”

The line ended and I chuckled softly, amused.

“Who was that?” Demetri asked. I look up at his concerned face.

“Lily,” I said as I pocketed my phone. “She said hi, by the way.”

“I heard a guy’s voice too. Was that, like, one of your friends or something?”

“No,” I replied, “That’s Simone. Lily met him there.”

“Like, they’re together?” Demetri asked, his eyes darkening. I shook my head ‘no’.

“No, he’s gay,” I said. The hint of anger clouding Demetri’s cold blue eyes disappeared as his lips shaped into an ‘O’. “Anyways, how is Kaitlyn?”

“She woke up,” He notified me. I got up immediately rushed into the hospital room.

Tim and Isaac had issues to settle, so they had went back. I had given them my letter, and they were super grateful for it, and they said if it was fate, one day, we’d see each other again. I was guessing I would have to ask Demetri to drive me back to the apartment, since he’s probably heading back there, anyways.

I shakily walked in, Demetri following behind me. I saw a limped Kaitlyn lying on the blood-soaked hospital bed, her face swollen and weak-looking

“So,” I said as I took a seat beside her, “Hi.”

“Hi,” She smiled, gritting her teeth in pain as she did. “I heard you’ve been donating blood to me?”

“Yeah, I guess,” I said as she gave me a grateful smile.

“Listen, I need to tell you something, regarding about us-”

“Oh, Kaitlyn, you’re awake,” The doctor appeared behind us. “That was very fast recovery,” he marveled.

He began to give us a report about her health and how she was doing. She was going to stay in the hospital for about 4 or 5 more days before she could check out.

I smiled as I held Kaitlyn’s hands. It felt good, knowing that I had saved someone’s life.

Kaitlyn’s Point of View

Being a witch comes with many types of powers and abilities, and then there’s the occasional ‘seeing the future’ thing.

You know which one I’m talking about. The one where you just like palm-read someone and then suddenly my eyes become wide as I tell the person getting palm-read that something bad is going to happen soon, like maybe she was going to be the one saving the world and all.

Yeah, but it’s not all that dramatic.

It was night and Rose was sleeping on the couch. Demetri—being technically a ‘night’ dweller—had went out to the forest, and was probably sucking out the blood from some poor deer of rabbit. I flipped over to one of the pages on the thick leather bound books and then I saw the Latin words scribbled onto the old wrinkly and yellowish page by ink.

I translated them in my head. The ability to foresee: take a possession of the person (hair, or maybe a bag) that you want to read the future of, and then say these in Latin: Woe be the one whose future I see.

I grabbed Rose’s bag and then I chanted the magical words, and then I felt flashes of images in my mind. There was Rose in a cell, and then her crying, and then she was fighting, and then…

Dying.

Rosemarie’s Point Of View 

Kaitlyn has gone to sleep after a dose of her medicine. We’d left somewhere during the night, probably 12 o clock or something, when a nurse made us leave because it was past visitors’ time. I was too lazy to argue so I allowed Demetri to bring me home. But then, I went home and practically got attacked by little swarms of black flying and angry insects.

So now I’m currently next to Demetri, eating a bowl of Ramen noodles at his apartment, seeing mine was infested by mosquitos.

Someone remind me to clean the water from the bathtub next time?

The guys from this insect company or something said that I would have to wait for about 2 or 3 days before they could completely get rid of the mosquitos. I didn’t even dare to step foot in the house, afraid that there might be some Aedes mosquitos in there.

And it was the only insect agency or something in this town. I mean, go figure, the town was in the middle of nowhere; the nearest town’s like, a hour and half away.

So I’m supposed to sleep in Demetri’s room tonight. He’s living in those bachelor pads in the apartment, and the couch is for 2 people and I can’t even fit in it, horizontally.

At least there’s some food. Demetri had been nervous and weird since I came over, and he kept eyeing the cabinet above the fridge like there’s something really important there.

I guess I won’t touch it then, like I said – when Bryan said that the diary was private – I won’t touch anything that belongs to anyone and is the thing is private.

“Okay, I’ll go take a bath. Tell me if anyone rings or something, kay?” He asked, standing up. He pushed the white chair back in and threw – not literally – his bowl of finished Ramen noodles in the sink.

“M’kay,” I replied, slurping on my delicious noodles. After finishing it, I washed my bowl, helping Demetri to clean his as well.

Demetri’s house was nice, with the dining room and kitchen combined a flat screened TV, a plush yet small couch, glasses lined up on top, hanging down nicely and elegantly, and wine stocked up by the countertop. There was a hall way that led to a 15 square feet balcony, giving a perfect view to the town.

On the left of the hallway was a brown wooden door that led to Demetri’s room. It was nice too, with an en suite and a nice big wardrobe. It had a study table at the corner, giving it a nice student touch.

I switched on the TV and turned to the channel StarWorld, and settled with watching reality TV show called Beauty and the Geek Australia.

Demetri’s awful singing voice suddenly travelled into my ears, making me cringe. If there was something Demetri was terribly terrible at, I would say singing. I guess he’s the type of guy who sings in the shower.

I groaned when he sang louder and louder, turning the TV volume up, trying to block out Demetri’s voice out.

“That’s what makes you beautiful –oh-oh! That’s what makes you beautiful!” I cringed again and decided to use my pillow to cover my ears. No offense to Demetri.

 And all this is just in one day.