28 - Being Bad isn't All that Bad

Vampire Mates
28 – Being Bad isn’t All that Bad

Demetri’s Point of View

In a second, her luscious, badly tempting and inviting lips came connecting with mine before I could even process what she was doing. My eyes widened in shock as she lifted her hands and ran her soft yet slightly calloused fingers through my still messy, bedraggled hair.

I didn’t want to show any reaction. I just wanted to push her away. I mean, Lily was my soul mate, not her…. right?

But the way the sparks erupted when she caressed my lips gently with hers made me involuntarily move my lips in sync. No, wait, it wasn’t sparkles. It wasn’t exactly like fireworks either. It was more like… an atomic bomb.

Yes, she was the atomic bomb, one that is waiting to explode. She’s dangerous, and she is only toying with my emotions because she’s evil.

But if that was it, how come I still kissed her back with so much passion?

This wasn’t like the last kiss we shared when we played Twister. No, back then it was more like I was playing with her emotions, but now, it was the other way round. Back then, it was more of game; this time, it was a pull, a connection, like a string pulling me towards her. I was tempted.

If she’s toying with you, then run away, run away from her! My mind screamed at me.

I did try to run, wanted to run, but I didn’t want the kiss to stop.

Without thinking twice, I snaked my arms around Rose’s small waist, and, I swear, it felt like nuclear bombs began exploding in the background. I’m not even kidding. Volts of electricity shot up my spine.

Somewhere between our frenzied kiss, with us moving frantically as if it was the last time we could ever kiss, I licked Rose’s lips and she granted me permission, opening up her lips so that I could have access to her sweet mouth. I shivered in pleasure. Our tongues danced in sync as we fought for dominance. She won.

And even though I like being in charge, the way that Rose did it was sexy as hell.

It wasn’t until what seemed like 5 minutes later when we both broke apart, both of us completely breathless and wheezing like we had bronchitis. Rose smiled shyly, a glint of satisfaction in her pretty grey eyes as she stared up at my face.

“What the hell, Rose!” Lily’s piercing shriek ruined the all-too peaceful moment. It shocked me when Lily grabbed Rose’s arms and forced the blonde to look into her eyes – Lily had always said that she was a non-violent person. Lily’s red eyes – a second-generation vampire’s trait – glared murderously at Rose.

What shocked me more was that Rose didn’t fight back as Lily screamed at her in fury and rage. The girl only listened as she watched her best friend yell a string of profanities at her.

“How could you do that to me? I love him, and he loves me! He doesn’t even like you! Stop trying to ruin everything!” Lily yelled angrily. I used to think that she looked hot when angry, but right now, the thought didn’t seem so ideal anymore.

“Lily,” Rose interjected. The brunette stopped and began hyperventilating. “Calm down,” The blonde whispered, soothingly.

“Why… why did you have to take away the second man I had ever loved? Haven’t you taken enough from me?” Lily asked as she inhaled a deep breath.

“What did I take from you, Lily?” Rose asked, trying to make Lily see that she wasn’t playing the bad guy here – no pun intended.

“You took away Mason from me!” Lily screamed as she pulled on Rose’s hair. She winced but allowed the brunette to let go of her anger.