12 - A Clone? I Prefer Doppelganger

Vampire Mates
12: A Clone? I Prefer Doppelganger.

Rosemarie's Point of View

In the TV hit series (as well as book series by L.J. Smith) ‘The Vampire Diaries’, the main character, starred by the one and only Nina Dobrev, had a doppelganger, or, if you’d prefer, a clone.

As interesting as it sounds, I don’t really want a doppelganger, because I see myself as the ‘nice’ one, so the clone would probably be the bad guy.

I don’t want an evil doppelganger. She’d probably want to kill me.

And, obviously, I don’t want to die.

“That girl looks terribly like me,” I said, my voice faint as I stared, wide-eyed, at the girl that was trying to balance herself on the curb with blond hair just like mine, but it was straightened. She was in a tight tank-top with the British flag on it, and a pair of shorts, and some combat boots.

Hey. I’d actually look pretty decent in this bad-ass style.

“Yeah,” Tim said beside me, and Isaac agreed as well. Tim continued, “But obviously, there’s a huge difference in you guys’ personality and character. We were told that, um, she dressed a bit, you know, skanky-ly, and, no offence, you looked kind of like that in the red blouse and tight skirt,” he gestured to what I was wearing. I uncomfortably crossed my arms over my chest. “But, it’s obvious she’s the one.”

“Yeah,” Isaac said before he unbuckled his seat belt. “Come on, Tim; we have work to do.”

----

I stared, wide-eyed and in horror, at the girl in front of me, struggling against the rope as Tim tied her up against the seat. I was unable to make a sound as her eyes, also grey in color, looked into mine, helplessly and pleadingly.

"Let her go," My voice croaked hoarsely. Tim obviously hadn't heard me, and began to tie the rope around the back of the seat.

"Let her go!" I finally screamed, loudly. Isaac stopped checking her bag and stared at me. "Let her go," I said, my voice cracking, and began to cry. Isaac rushed over towards me and hugged me.

“It's OK. We know she looks like you and all but, it’s not you-”

“There’s some connection,” I whispered as I scrambled to find the mark on my wrist. As I had no luck finding the mark on my left hand, I searched my right, and then found it. It was fading, but it was there.

“See,” I said as I held it out for them to see it, and then I went to the back of the seat to grab her arm. I loosened the ropes and showed it to them—I didn’t know how I knew it, but the sign was there too. I didn’t know what I was saying, but I blurted it, “If you hurt her… you’ll hurt me too! A-as long as this mark stays!”

The girl, my clone, was staring down at my mark. Hers was deeper, and darker. Beside it was another sign, almost the same, but slightly different.

"The Meredith Seguridad,” She muttered before looking up at me, “how did you get it? Are you one of us?”

We promptly ignored her as I spun around to face the two men.

"Why do you even do this job anyways? Huh? When you could just go out to the society and maybe you could even be what? Tim, you could be consultant, or a lawyer, maybe? Isaac, you can be an engineer! Damn, even a boxer is better than this! Kidnapping these innocent young people and selling them off to prostitution of some sort! Have you ever thought of that ... shit?" I screamed.