10 - The Strange Disappearance

Vampire Mates
10: The Strange Disappearance

Rosemarie's POV

I looked at the slip of paper in my hands. 400, Connie Street, Mayflower Boulevard, Princeton, it read in a loopy handwriting outlined with dotted golden dust. I smiled in content as I remembered about Cranelia. She looked so nice, so loving.

She had told me to go to this place. And seeing that it was only two or three blocks down from the apartment, I decided to go. I didn’t have much to do back in the apartment, all alone by myself, anyway. So I headed down to the parking lot beside the apartment, unlocked my old, rusty yet dependable black bicycle. I hopped onto it, and started peddling.

The wind blew upon my face, making my hair fly around my face promptly blocking part of my vision, but I loved the feeling. It made me feel like a kid again, back when mom still cared so deeply about me, and often brought me out to the park to teach me how to ride the bike. I had probably fallen off 100 times and wanted to give up, but mom wasn’t a quitter.

I loved my mom. Loved. I don’t think I still do.

I sighed and peddled faster, staying at least a good 3 feet away from all vehicles. Soon, I came across a sign board with the words Connie Street plastered across it in a shade of white, which contrasted against the blue board.

I cycled until I saw an average-sized shop, about the size of a normal 7-11 shop, with a golden sign out at the front saying 400. I pulled up beside the store, locked my bike against a pole and walked into the shop. The bell that was connected to the top of the door jingled. A fresh waft of peppermint washed across me, and I sniffed in the air.

“Coming!” A voice shouted from somewhere in the shop. I looked around the place. It looked like those boutiques you can find pretty much everywhere. There were racks of clothes, hanging color-coordinated, with a shoe rack pushed against a wall of mirror. A cashier stood at the side of the room. An A/C was blasting out cold, freshening air.

“Hello,” A lady, probably in her late 20s came to me. She wiped her hands on her blue skinny jeans and smiled warmly at me. “How may I help you?”

“Um,” I said as I fished out the slip of paper rolled up in my pocket. I passed it to her. “Cranelia… she said you would understand?”

The lady scanned her eyes over the slip of paper, and she looked again, closely. She looked up at me and smiled.

“Ah, come with me, dear,” She said. “I’m a dear friend of Cranelia. Call me Violet. Please, follow me.”

Violet’s Point of View

The blond girl passed me the slip of paper and I looked at it. Scribbled on it was the address of my HQ. I frowned as I went over what she had just said.

Cranelia, the girl had said.

Something clicked in my head and I looked closer at the piece of paper. Slowly, the words broke apart, and rearranged themselves, some of them morphing into new letters.

Vialetta, please give her the dress –C, it read. I understood and gave the paper back to the girl. “Ah, come with me, dear. I’m a dear friend of Cranelia. Call me Violet. Please, follow me.” I said to the girl.

“I’m Rosemarie,” She said, “You can call me Rose.”

“Rosemarie is fine. It’s a pretty name,” I smiled at her. She nodded before I unlocked the door that led to the room which had blinds covering up the glass windows. On the door was a neon orange sign reading Staff Only.