11.

Continuous buzzing jolted Dave out of his sleep. He turned over carefully trying not wake the girls. Sinai had managed to sneak her way into her parents room and was snuggled between them. His eyes adjusted to the bright light of his phone as he bought it up to his face. It was 7:30am. There were 17 missed calls from Millie. Dave sucked his teeth, this girl doesn't know when to quit, he thought.

Instead of returning her calls, he put his phone down and got up. Dave was pissed - who calls someone that early in the morning. Grunting, he got up and went to the on suite marble bathroom. Naala shifted in her sleep as she felt the bed get lighter. She was knocked up from a combination of a late night with Dave and her pain medication.

He looked in the mirror and laughed, his whole chest and back were full of scratches from Naala. Thinking about his plans for the day, Dave turned the shower on and grabbed his toothbrush. He liked his water hot so he ran the shower whilst he brushed his teeth. After finishing up with mouthwash, he hopped in the shower.

Today Dave was going to Azure's studio for the styling session that was supposed to happen a few weeks ago. So much had been happening that he hadn't had a chance to go back there. He wanted to meet up with Azure as her and Naala haven't been speaking since Naala was discharged from hospital last week. He wants to get down to the bottom of it.

Naala was awoken by the sound of water and Dave's humming. Looking to her side she saw Sinai still sleeping with her mouth wide open. She gently got up and re-positioned Sinai in the bed so she could get an extra 30 minutes sleep whilst she and Dave got ready.

Today was the day that Naala was finally returning back to work after having almost 5 weeks off. She was anxious to get back to work, she'd missed a lot with her clients. Walking sluggishly to the bathroom, Naala was greeted by a dripping wet Dave wrapping a towel around his waist.

"Good morning beautiful," Dave grinned, pulling Naala into him. Naala wriggled out of his grip,

"Amirrrr you're all wet," Naala said moving to the toilet and sitting down. This was all new to Naala, Darnell was never this affectionate with her, let alone be in the same bathroom with her without terrorising her. She didn't want push Dave away but it felt too good to be true.

"I don't care if I'm wet I wanna kiss my woman," Naala smiled as he kissed her lips repeatedly, baring in mind she was still on the toilet.

"You're so nasty, what if I was taking a shit," Naala said softly as she flushed the toilet.

Dave shrugged and walked into the room to put on his clothes. Sinai was now up staring into space, something she often did when she just woke up.

"You okay Stinky?" Dave questioned,

Yawning Sinai shook her head and laid back down. This alerted Dave as she was normally a bit more active in the morning.

"Daddy I don't feel good," Sinai groaned with a few sneezes following after. Naala poked her head into the room to tell Sinai to get up and saw her still laying there, with Dave by her side.

"What's wrong baby?" Naala questioned making her way over to them.

"She really burning up Love," Dave said in a worried tone. Naala touched Sinai with the back of her hand and it was true.

"Aw my poor baby,"

"Lemme go get you some medicine and call up the school," Naala said as she slipped on her bedroom slippers and headed towards the door.