12.

Mia sat in her seat stirring her ice tea round and round with the thin straw she was provided. She was the first to arrive at the restaurant and was waiting for her friends to arrive. She was riddled with nerves, she didn't know what she wanted to with this pregnancy and she hoped her friends could help her.

Looking down at her phone she saw a message from Ace. Her heart fluttered at the thought of him, even though they hadn't know each other long it felt like they had known each other their whole lives. He was a completely different person when he was with her and that's what made her happy, he was his true self with her. The text read, 'i don't know what's going on with you baby but just know I got u'. Little did Ace know that this message would mean so much to Mia.

Across the restaurant, Taina and Naala were walking through the double doors. The warm scent of various foods invaded Naala's nose first and made her belly rumble in response. Recently, her appetite had been all over the place due to her new medication. It had its good and bad days and today was one of those days where she couldn't control herself. She was already thinking about how many things she was gonna order. They spotted Mia and sauntered over. Taina was the first to notice her forlorn look, Mia was never one to be upset so something must be seriously wrong.

"Hey baby face," Taina sang sliding into the booth next to Mia. Naala sat across the two with a smile on her face, grabbing the massive menu that the waitress handed to them,

"Ooo thank you," Naala said to the waitress, wiggling in her seat, she was excited to eat. "Hey guys," Mia said with a small smile, "Hey girl, you feeling a bit better now?" Naala asked with a concerned look. "Umm, I-I don't know," Mia said truthfully, she wasn't as upset as she was earlier but she was still confused.

"Well what happened? Is it Ace? Because I swear I will stick my foot so far up his ass -"

"Nana stop," Naala said softly as she saw Mia's eyes get glossy and a few tears slip out. Before they could say anything, Mia broke out into full blown tears, Taina moved closer to her and wrapped her hands around her. Both her friends let her cry because it looked like she needed it. A few people looked over but wouldn't dare say anything.

"I-I, I'm sorry guys, I just, I-I don't know what to do" Mia stuttered trying to get her point across.

"Mia you're scaring us," Naala said soothingly, she was genuinely worried about her friend.

"I-I'm pregnant, I think?" Mia said, this was the first time she had said the words and it felt weird.

"Wait huh?" Taina said helping her friend wipe her tears,

"I found out this morning," Mia sniffed, picking at her nails, something she tended to do when nervous.

"Isn't that a good thing? You've always wanted a family —" Naala spoke truthfully. For as long as her and Mia had been friends she had always spoken about having a huge family.

"Yh but I don't think Ace wants another baby—" That was what had been bothering Mia, Ace had a 18 month old baby with his ex girlfriend who he despises. She didn't want to add onto his stress by having a baby out of wedlock, her parents would be ballistic.

"Has he told you that Mimi?" Taina asked,

Shaking her head, Mia sighed. She felt so stupid for getting herself caught up in the sex.

"Mia I think you need to speak to him before you make a decision," Naala said knowingly. When she found out she was pregnant with Sinai the first person she wanted to speak to was Dave, but she couldn't. She didn't want her friend to make the same mistake she did.

"Take it from me," Naala continued, "it's only gonna hurt him more if you keep this from him babe, if this isn't what he wants then we've got you,"