39.

"So you're sure he will be okay?" Naala asked Nurse Brooks. Today was the day that Naala was able to leave the hospital, but the only problem was that Saint wasn't leaving with her.

"I promise he'll be okay," Nurse Brooks smiled softly. The two had formed some kind of friendship over Naala's stay and Naala was happy to leave her son with her.

"Mommy doesn't want to leave you baby," Naala whispered against Saint's head, he was currently laying on her chest. Saint was progressing quite well according to the doctors and could possibly be home by the end of January. He only had his feeding tube connected to him and could now breastfeed.

"It's common for mothers not wanting to leave their babies, don't worry," The nurse said reassuringly,

"What if he forgets me," Naala replied, running her hands through his silky hair,

"He wouldn't be able to," The nurse said, "You're his mom,"

Saint began to wiggle and fuss on her chest, pushing his head towards her breast,

"I'm sorry, I'm sure you're busy," Naala said to the nurse, "He's hungry now," Naala said positioning him to breast feed,

"I'll be in the next room if you need anything," Nurse Brooks replied leaving the room to give Naala some privacy.

Naala pulled down her vest top and took out her nipple, "Okay my angel, let's try this again," Naala said out loud. Saint wasn't latching on very well and it was frustrating the both of them,

Naala struggled to get him to latch on and he began crying, "Come on Sainty, please" Naala whispered as he started fussing. They went through this every time he was hungry.

The door opened and in walked Dave. Naala simply ignored him, something she's been doing since he admitted to having sex with Millie after she kicked him out. They barely shared any words unless it was about the kids.

Saint continued to fuss and wiggle, "It's right here," Naala cooed, moving her nipple towards his mouth. She began to get very frustrated because he was crying out of hunger and she couldn't feed him.

"Maybe he's not hungry," Dave commented attempting to pick him up,

Naala moved him quickly and looked up, "I know my son, I know when he's hungry," She snapped,

"You've only known him for a week Naala, calm down. He's only get frustrated because you're not calm, he senses your energy." Dave said taking a step back,

"Don't try and teach me how to feed my son," Naala replied, "Here you go again, undermining my parenting,"

"I'm just trying to help," Dave said putting his hands up, he didn't come in there to argue with her.

Naala scoffed and concentrated on Saint who was calming down a bit, she moved his head slowly and he finally latched on. Naala let out a sigh of relief as he began to feed. She wasn't even go to pay Dave any mind, she was over the arguing.

"So you just gonna ignore me?" Dave said taking a seat.

"..."

"You mad childish," Dave said with a laugh, "You're acting like you've never made a mistake in life. I've said sorry so many times, I can't sleep, I can't eat without you. I pour my heart out and you don't even care. I'm gonna stop even trying to talk to you because you're not even giving me anything back,"

Naala looked up at him, "I have made mistakes, thousands of them but I own my shit. You want me to feel bad because I don't want to be with a cheater? For you to step out on me whilst I'm carrying your child has to be one of the hardest things I will ever go through. Each time you apologise, you turn around and say something hurtful."