What is Love? Part 2. I

so I decided to leave part two in this book.
I have so many plans for this book but I don't want y'all to hate me 🥺

3 months later...

"Mommy are we going to see Daddy today?" Sinai spoke from the back of the car. Naala looked in her rear view mirror at her,

"Unfortunately," She mumbled tapping the steering wheel. It had been 3 months since Dave left the house with Sinai. He ended up dropping her off at Mama Sonia's and disappearing. His management sent someone to pack up his clothes a few days later. Naala hasn't seen him since that day nor spoken to him but she drops the kids off at his mom's house so that they can spend time with him.

Today was Mama Sonia's birthday so this would be the first time in months that they are going to be in the same room.

"I wish he could just come home," Sinai said rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. Since Dave left, her behaviour had taken a turn for the worse - she blamed Naala for him leaving.

"We've spoken about this before Sinai," Naala warned,

"It's not fair! Bella and her mom and dad all live together, why is it different for us?" Sinai sassed.

"I'm not doing this with you today," Naala muttered turning into Sonia's driveway. There were a lot of cars already packed up in the driveway but because it was a cookout they were all in the backyard.

"Look, I am not in the mood for this little girl, now get out of this car and I don't want to hear about this again," Naala scolded her. She got out of the car and walked over to the right side, where Saint's car seat was.

"Come on Papa," Naala said to him as she lifted the car seat out. Saint had grown a lot since his birth but still had frequent doctor visits to check on his lungs.

"I hate you," Sinai mumbled slamming the door of the car. Instead of waiting for her mom, she ran towards the front door and pushed it open. This was nothing new to Naala.

Naala sighed heavily and set Saint's seat on the floor so she could pick up his changing bag. A pair of large strong hands, scooped up the seat for her.

"My nephew can't chill on the floor," Priest joked as Naala turned around.

"Thank you," Naala breathed out, "I just needed to grab this," She continued holding up the changing bag.

"That's cool, how've you been Tyson?" Priest said as they walked up to the door,

"I'm good and it was one time," Naala giggled thinking about the time she whooped Millie's ass.

"I need to see that shit again," He laughed, "Those tiny hands can definitely put in some work," He commented as he pushed the door open for them.

"Knowing this family it won't be too long before I have to check someone again," Naala said looking around.

The house was decorated nicely and the music was already playing lightly through the house.

"I've got him from here," Naala smiled taking back Saint's carrier.

"I'ma see you soon Tyson," Priest winked before retreating back to the backyard. Naala smiled and carried Saint over to the couch. She set the carrier down and began to unbuckle him.