What is Love? Part XVIV

Comment and vote 🤍

Omniscient
The Wedding...
25th March 2021

"Why you staring into space like that?" Priest asked Dave coming up behind him. Dave was sat at Priest's kitchen island still nursing the scotch Priest handed him 10 minutes ago.

"Something doesn't feel right man," Dave said playing with his glass,

"Whatchu mean?" Priest asked opening the refrigerator. He pulled out a leg of ham and started eating it. Dave looked at him with disgust but didn't bother saying anything.

"Ion know, I got this feeling in my stomach," Dave stressed pushing the glass away from him,

"You pregnant?" Priest laughed slapping his back. Dave pushed him away and sighed,

"Be serious," Dave mumbled, he felt like something was wrong and the feeling wasn't going anywhere.

"Sorry," Priest said straightening up and taking a seat by him. "Are you having doubts and shit?" He said being serious now

"Nah never. I'm marrying Naala," Dave said certainly, "Maybe I'm being dramatic,"

"Yeah man drink up," Priest replied, "Call em, if you that worried."

Dave nodded and stood up going back to the guest room. He shut the door behind him and went over to the bed, taking a seat. He pulled his phone off the charger and checked for messages but he didn't see none.

Dialling Maniya's number he sat back in the chair.

"Hey old man," Maniya said looking down at the camera, they were on FaceTime.

"What's up? Y'all good?" Dave asked straight away. Maniya rolled her eyes,

"Daddy you've called me three times already this morning." Maniya fussed at him.

"I'm just checking on y'all," Dave defended. He was never away from his family for long so he felt like he needed to check on them constantly.

"We're good," Maniya said eating a piece of fruit.

"Where's your brother and sister?" Dave asked tugging his beard.

"Bubba's sleep and Nai's getting her hair done." Maniya answered flipping the camera,

"Where's your mama?" Dave asked after scanning the screen.

"Ion know. Nana went to go find her, I think she was in the bathroom," Maniya responded. Dave looked at the screen,

"I'ma call her," He decided, fuck all this traditional shit.

"Dadddd," Maniya dragged out. "You're doing too much, she's fine. You know if she wasn't, she would call or something,"

"Niya go to the bath—" Maniya started to speak to someone off screen then came to the camera.

"Daddy I need to start my makeup, I'll speak to you after," She said quickly before hanging up the phone.

Even after that phone call, Dave still wasn't at ease - he really felt something was wrong but instead of worrying he decided to start getting ready. They had to be there by 12pm and it was now 10:30.