1.

Short chapter.

Sinai in the MM

Walking through the multi millionaire dollar home that Darnell purchased for us before he went mad, I heard our cook Rosa busy in the kitchen. My belly rumbled at the smell of whatever she was cooking.

I looked at my watch and realised I had 2 hours to spare and wished I got more of a lie in. I got to Sinai's room and crept in quietly.

Her small body was wrapped in the blanket with her favourite teddy tucked under her arm.

Carefully I walked around the toys and shook her body, her small whimpers soon turned into cries.

"Shhh baby, I've gotchu , Mamas gotchu" I said soothingly as she tossed and turned. 

After she realised who I was she gave me a bright smile and rubbed the sleep out of her little eyes. Damn I love this girl! I decided to get her ready.

"Good Morning Mama, I big girl now I can get ready all by myself!"

I get this everyday, she swear she a big girl but let me tell you something, this girl couldn't put an outfit together if she tried. Last time I let her do that, she came downstairs with a blue tutu on and a princess onesie.

NEVER AGAIN.

"I bet you are mama but we need to get you ready for school quickly so you can go downstairs and have some pancakes with Rosa!"

I knew that would get excited she loved her some Rosa. Rosa is a 55 - year - old hispanic woman who I've grown to love whilst living here and she always help me see the positive things in live.

She is honestly heaven sent and I love that Sinai loves her too - makes my job a little easier.

"Yayyyy Rosaaaaaa" Sinai screeched nearly bursting my eardrums.

I got her ready in her uniform and brushed her curly hair into two bunches because I didn't have the energy for any type of designs.

It still looked cute though. I let her go down into the kitchen whilst I tidied up her room and put her PJ's in the wash basket.

Looking in the mirror, I made sure to check if all bruises were covered as 'Nell hates to see his handiwork and I would hate for Rosa to see any and ask questions.

"Good morning Miss Naala, hope you are ready for some waffles?" Rosa said in her soft voice giving me the once over.

"Rosa you know I would eat anything you make --

"Not sure you should be eating anything." Mumbled Darnell as he brushed past me to grab his coffee which Rosa makes sure to keep on the counter all ready for him.

Here we go.

"Mr Johnson, I - um - have a nice day?" Scrambled Rosa whilst putting Nylah's food on the kitchen island.

"Rosa I want you gone by 6pm - someone is getting too lazy - Sinai eat with your mouth closed, very unlady like." continued Darnell.

I just stared at him knowing that little dig was about me and silently hoping he would just get his coffee and leave - I really didn't need another go with the belt.

'Nai looked at me solemnly and put down her fork, tears welling in her eyes.

"I'm not hungry anymore Mama --

"Here we go, cue the water works. Anyway I'm going on a business trip with Trey - don't expect me back for a while - got a lot of business." He started making his way to me and my heart started beating fast. God knows what he could do.

As he got to where I was seated he reached down and kissed my forehead - which confused the hell out of me.

As I heard the door close I got up and went straight to 'Nai to make sure she was ok.

Rosa stood by the sink trying to act as if she hadn't just witnessed the whole scene - maybe to save me from the embarrassment.

"Ok baby let's get you to school - " I said softly to Sinai not wanting to upset her more.

"Ok Mommy, will Neveah be there?" Neveah is my sister's daughter who happened to get accepted into the same private school as Sinai which helps as they are already inseparable.

"Of course she will be there! Go and get your book bag and be by the door please, I just need to get my handbag."

She ran off in full speed probably because I told her about Neveah. Rosa looked at me with the saddest eyes and was about to say something before I stopped her.

"Rosa I'm fine! Please don't worry - he's been very stressed at work."

Before she could reply I headed to the door not before grabbing my Chanel bag that was on the counter.

Comment what you think!