What is Love? XV

I feel like finishing this book soon :( Y'all give me some ending ideas x

Naala's POV

"You can sit right here and Dr Brooks will be right with you," The nurse said to me, gesturing to the bed in the doctor's office. 

What Sinai said at breakfast stuck with me so as soon as I dropped Maniya off, I headed straight to the doctors. I was praying I wasn't pregnant. I took a test before I left the house but it was unconclusive, meaning I needed this appointment.

The door opened and Dr Brooks walked in, "Naala is it?" He smiled. 

"Yes, nice to meet you," I smiled back at him. He sat down at his desk and turned to me, 

"So what brought you in today?" He asked looking at me, 

"Well, I've not been feeling good for about a month now, I can't keep anything down and it's becoming hard."

"Ah okay, on your file here it says you recently had a baby?" 

"Yes, I had my son in December,"

"Okay," He nodded, "I will run some tests but before we start have you been under any undue stress lately?"

"A lot has been going on but nothing that I can't handle," I sighed twiddling with my fingers. 

"That could be the cause of this but I won't speak too soon," The doctor smiled. He handed me a cup to pee in and showed me to the bathroom. After that he took my blood pressure which was unusually high, 

"Right," The doctor said walking back into the room, "Good news and bad news,"

"The good news is that you are pregnant," I let out a breath, you've got to be kidding me.

"The bad news?" I asked raising a brow, 

"The bad news is that your blood pressure is dangerously high and it could be affecting the baby. You said you've been stressed?,"

I nodded and twisted my lips to the side, "What options do I have?"

The doctor looked at me with a shocked expression, "Well we can arrange for a termination if that is what you would like?"

"Yes please, book me in," I nodded. There was no way I was having another baby, I couldn't do it.

"There's steps to that, you would need another appointment beforehand and then a formal check up to assess your mental health,"

"Whatever, just book it. Also I want to tie my tubes, is it permanent?"

"Female sterilisation is meant to be permanent. It can be reversed, but it's a very difficult process that involves removing the blocked part of the fallopian tube and rejoining the ends. There's no guarantee that you'll be fertile again after a sterilisation reversal." He explained. 

That sounded pretty serious but I was certain that I didn't want any more children. The doctor continued,

"I would suggest consulting your partner first; this is a very serious procedure that takes a lot of deliberation,"

"I understand, so I'm really pregnant?" I asked to be sure, 

"We can do an ultrasound to be 100% sure," The doctor said pulling forward the machine.

I sighed and nodded, "Okay, I don't mind,"

He hooked up the machine and asked me to lie down. I lifted up my jumper and looked at the screen. He rubbed the cold gel onto my stomach and started,