2.

Azure and Derrick in the MM

Naala Love | 9:03 AM

Walking down the long cobblestone driveway I thought about the day ahead and all the meetings I had. I set eyes on my brand new Range Rover Velar - a gift from Darnell after he beat me black and blue for cooking lamb chops instead of pork chops. This was a pity gift but I was forced to accept it with a smile.

I buckled Sinai in and went to the driver side, throwing my bag on the seat next me

I buckled Sinai in and went to the driver side, throwing my bag on the seat next me. I had a bone to pick with my sister so I dialled her number straight away.

The dialling tone rang for a few seconds and then her cheerful voice rang into the intercom.

"Good Morning my dear sisterrrrr where my Baby at?"
Her voice rang in my ears and Sinai perked up immediately waiting to say something,

"I'm here Aunty Az! I had waffles for breakfast and some tropical juice and Rosa gave me some chocolate chip cookies for lunch and then Darnell upset Mummy and then we left." She said in one breath still looking out of the window.

My sister despises Darnell and hates when he comes around the family. She's been telling me to leave him for the longest but it's not that easy.

"Erm Naala what's going on? Do I need to come down there? You know I will stick my foot up his ass if he f ---"

"Language Azure! We had a hard night especially after your cryptic texts about who you bumped into yesterday - you still haven't told me who it was Zuri."

[Messages between Zuri and Naala]

"You didn't answer my message that's why! Anyway remember Dave from the Bronx?"

Dave from the Bronx.

Wow what a blast from the past, Dave was my best friend all through out high school and even whilst I was in college. We were inseparable but our relationship never escalated until one night.

August 2016

It was a summer night and the party was jumping. Dave was in the corner with his boys whilst Iman and I were chilling in the kitchen.