What is Love? XXVI

Omniscient
[9 days till the wedding ...]
20th March 2021

Trigger Warning ⚠️

Maniya slammed her locker shut and handed Tai her textbooks. Her next class was right next to his, so he always came to meet her at her locker and carried her books for her. Chloe watched them from across the hall, jealously running through her.

"I hate Ms. Jones, she gave us like a 10 page packet." Tai complained, "With her nasty ass breath,"

Maniya giggled pushing her glasses up her face, "I like her, she never gives me a slip when I'm late,"

"Hmpf that bitch must like you," Tai grumbled throwing his arm around her shoulder.

Maniya looked at his hand and then back at his face, "Whatchu doing friend?" She asked emphasising the word friend.

"Stop calling me that," Tai replied stale facing her. Tai was serious when he said he was all for Maniya. She was his type, someone that didn't do too much and was easy to vibe with.

"So we're not friends?" She asked with a pout.

"We could be more than friends but you're playing," Tai said nudging her shoulder. Chloe was tired of seeing them all booed up right in front of her so she decided to cause a problem.

"Watch where you're going bitch!" Chloe hollered after she purposely budged Maniya.

Maniya scrunched up her face. First of all, Chloe was being too damn loud for no reason and secondly, who was she calling a bitch?

"Man Chloe move around," Tai said already irritated by her presence.

"Princess can't speak for herself?" Chloe asked tilting her head to the side,

"Oh I can talk for myself but like I've told you before I don't like talking - I will knock the shit out of you," Maniya said. She was over Chloe and her unnecessary problems. If it wasn't her dragging Maniya on social media, it was causing a scene at school.

"How would mommy and daddy feel about that?" Chloe taunted.

"Don't speak about my parents," Maniya said pushing Tai's arm off her shoulder,

"Why?" Chloe said laughing, "Wait I forgot your mama's a victim,"

Maniya clenched her jaw, this wasn't the first time Chloe brought up her mom's past when they were arguing. Tai stepped forward, he could see Maniya slowly getting angry.

"Oh you thought no one knew," Chloe laughed. "Being famous didn't stop your mama getting beat on," Jealously seethed through her words. Chloe hated Maniya, she had everything Chloe wanted. Two loving parents that kept her decked out in the nicest shit, the guy that shes wanted ever since she met him. Maniya had everything.

"Chloe shut the fuck up," Tai said lowly trying to get Maniya out of this situation.

"What did you just say?" Maniya said dropping her purse on the floor.

"Do you even know who your daddy is? Word on the street is that your mom got around —" Chloe started, before she could finish her sentence, Maniya punched her right in the nose. All Maniya could see was red, she started throwing punches fast. Chloe was keeping up but her punches weren't landing as hard, she managed to cut Maniya's lip with her ring but that was it.