What is Love? XIV

2 chapters in one day, I'm really spoiling y'all!! Comment + Vote 💕

Dave's POV

I rolled over and squinted my eyes shut at the bright light shining through the room. I felt around on the bed and to my surprise Naala wasn't laid beside me. As I adjusted the smell of bacon wafted up my nose. Naala must have been in a good mood today because she hadn't made breakfast in a while.

I dealt with my hygiene and threw on a pair of shorts, not bothering to put on a t-shirt. I jogged down the steps and into the kitchen where Naala was holding Saint in one arm and making eggs and Maniya was sat at the island, eating some fruit. Saint babbled loudly when he saw me making Naala look up.

Maniya had been staying with us for a few months now and has easily become a part of the family. Both Saint and Sinai loved her which was a plus. Naala had convinced her to enrol back in school and she was getting back into the flow of normal life.

Naala had assumed the mothering role and I saw how much she cared about her. I had also grown quite attached to Maniya, she was a great girl that just needed the right direction in life.

"I told you food would wake him up," Naala smirked at Maniya,

"You were right," Maniya smiled. She turned back and squealed covering her eyes, "Wear a shirt old man,"

I scrunched up my face, "Ain't nothing bout me old, ain't that right baby?" I said leaning down to kiss Naala's cheek,

"Mmm," She giggled. I reached for Saint and lifted him up in the air,

"Why you here chilling with the girls son? Girls are whack," I mumbled the last part.

"Amir I will shove my foot up your ass," Naala snapped,

"Why did you even hear that?" I said looking at her, I turned my attention to Maniya, "I hope she hasn't been driving you crazy,"

Maniya giggled and shook her head, "No, she's not,"

"You don't have to lie, I won't let her hit you," I smirked watching Maniya blush,

"I'm not even gonna do anything because you're holding my baby," Naala pointed out. She had been in much better spirits now that Sinai was at home, I could tell she was also really trying with Saint.

"Where's Nai?" I asked looking around, a look of sadness washed over Naala's face.

"She didn't want to come out and eat," She replied. Saint reached for Maniya so I handed him to her. She sat him in her lap and started playing with him.

I walked over to Naala and took the plate out of her hands, "What's the matter?" I asked lowly,

Naala looked up and me and frowned, "It's like she doesn't want to be around me,"

"She does, she's just hurting," I explained,

"But she's my baby, why can't she talk to me?" Naala replied looking down. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer,

"I'ma talk to her," I said kissing her lips, "Stop worrying,"

"Please, she listens to you," Naala responded. I nodded and kissed her again, this time deepening the kiss,

"Ew, there's children in here," Maniya said with a disgusted look. I pulled away and mugged her,

"I thought you were grown?" I said to her. Naala laughed and pushed me off her,

"I am grown," Maniya replied holding Saint up, "Saint knows it too,"

I sucked my teeth, "His little ass don't know shit apart from taking my woman,"