What is Love? XXXIII

Comment + Vote 🤍

Naala's POV

"Okay that's clothes done," I said to myself taping up the last brown box. I was packing up the kids stuff first then I was gonna concentrate on my stuff.

"Hi Phat Phat," I cooed at Malia who was laying in her bassinet with her eyes wide open. She was only 4 weeks old but so advanced.

I lifted her up carefully and laid her head on my shoulder, "You're so chubby Phat," I said fixing her sock. Malia was hands down the biggest baby I've ever had. At only 4 weeks she was already gaining rolls in her thighs - hence the name Phat.

"Where should I put these?" Gray asked holding up a few hangers of baby clothes.

"Just put them in that box there," I pointed to an open box on the floor.

"What time are the movers meant to be here?" Gray questioned putting the clothes up.

"They said between 4 and 5 tomorrow, that gives enough time for Amir to drop the kids back home," I responded. As soon as I left the hospital I started house hunting and I finally found my perfect home, just downtown in a perfect area.

I wanted a fresh start, away from all the mess and drama. Malia started fidgeting and turning her head into my neck meaning she was hungry.

"I'm gonna feed her in the nursery, thanks so much for the help Gray I really appreciate it," I said with a soft smile. I misjudged Gray, he was actually a really great guy to talk to.

"Ain't nothing," He shrugged. "You the homie," He smirked.

"Exactly, I'm one of the guys," I added leaving the room. At first I thought it would be weird to be friends with someone I was involved with sexually but Gray made it easy and comfortable.

I walked into the nursery which was surrounded by boxes. I found my way to the rocking chair and sat down, pulling my vest top down to feed her.

Malia's been my saving grace over the last month. I refused to be depressed and stressed over a man that didn't deserve me. Just seeing her little face everyday reminded me why I needed to keep going.

Maniya had been amazing as well, she's really stepped up as a big sister. She made sure Sinai did her homework and had dinner, especially on the nights where I was too tired to do anything.

As for Amir, I hadn't held a proper conversation with him since the day Malia was born. He sent all his sorry ass gifts and flowers but they all went straight to where they belong - in the trash.

I heard the front door intercom sound, meaning that the kids were back from school.

"Mommy!" I heard Sinai's loud voice through the hallways. I looked down at Malia who was side eyeing the door, even she knew her sister was extra.

When Sinai finally found me, she came racing over.

"Hi Phat," She said stroking her hair. "Mama she's always eating,"

"She's a baby Nai, that's what they do," I laughed. "How was school?" I asked puckering my lips. She playfully kissed my lips then dramatically sighed.

"It was so hard mama, we had to count up to 100, twice" She exclaimed holding up three fingers.

"Twice is two fingers Nai," I said putting on of her fingers down.

"That's what I meant," Sinai said putting her hand on her hip.

"Girl," I laughed. "Did your daddy drop you off?"