14.

Naala looked at herself in the mirror at her matted hair. The sound of Sinai's loud cries filled the entire apartment. A disgruntled Naala reached into the cabinet that was hidden behind a mirror and reached for her pills. Opening the pills, she poured 2 into her hand and threw them down her throat, she didn't even bother taking them with water. Naala looked back at her baby, tears filling her eyes. She didn't know how to be a mother, it didn't come naturally to her. She thought of every way to look after her but she didn't know where to start.

"Nai, can you just STOP!" Naala screamed, tugging at her hair. Sinai's cries grew louder at the sudden noise. Naala looked over and continued to cry with her, their sobs fighting with each other.

"I-I can't do this," Naala cried, reaching for the sharpest object she could get her hands on. Unfortunately the only tool she had was a pair of nail scissors. A mixture of the high from the pills and the anxiety she was experiencing at the moment, compelled her to use the scissors on her wrist. The sharp scissors, created small incisions on her small wrist, crimson blood seeped through the cuts creating small droplets on the bathroom floor. The pain whipped through her entire body, but the drugs paralysed her. Suddenly, Sinai's cries ceased and everything was silent. That's what she loved, those 3 seconds where everything was quiet, her thoughts, the world. Then everything comes back, like a brick knocking the breathe out of her lungs, the pain, the loneliness - everything.

Naala was jolted out of her sleep by her alarm that continuously beeped on the nightstand. Opening her eyes, she adjusted to the flurry of light that attacked her eyes. She turned over and expected to be met by Dave's broad back but was instead met by the extra pillows that normally lay on the bed, his side of the bed untouched.

Naala huffed and got up, her head spinning due to crying herself to sleep the night prior. She walked carefully to the bathroom, her inner thighs still sore from her and Dave's activities. As she brushed her teeth, she wondered where Dave had slept last night, it was unlike him to sleep elsewhere. Her mind went to the event of the night before, she knew she owed Dave a big apology.

Turning the shower on to the highest, Naala jumped in and let the scorching water beat down on her chocolate skin, the steam clouding up the mirrors almost immediately. She didn't feel like going into work, but she had missed so much after her injury and was in dire need of normality. Naala let her mind wander as she she showered, her mind constantly going to Sinai, she made a mental note to pick her up immediately after work.

Getting out of the shower, Naala walked into her closet and sat at her vanity and began to rub lotion over every part of her body. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. Her big chocolate brown eyes were filled with sadness, and equally as puffy. She didn't bother with any makeup all she did was brush in her eyebrows and apply lipgloss. Naala got up and looked at her clothes, she needed something that matched her mood this morning. She settled on a a black knitted jumper and a pair of black trousers, she paired these with her Prada boots and grabbed her matching Prada bag. Her hair was still neat from the day before so she brushed it and then was done. Sunglasses, she thought, her eyes were way too puffy not to. Grabbing a pair of Chanel shades, Naala made her way out of the room.

Naala walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, she texted Bully to let him know that she will be another 20 minutes as she wanted to eat breakfast. The whole house was silent, not even the sound of a television was heard. Naala walked towards the second guest room, knowing that Chanel occupied the first one. Knocking lightly, she walked in, as she assumed Dave lay in the bed, a bottle of Hennessy on the table beside him. Naala walked in further until she was standing over him. She leaned down and placed a kiss on his lips, "I'm sorry," She muttered, stroking his face. Clearing her throat, she stood up straight and made her way out of the room.