What is Love? XXX

Comment + Vote 🤍

Maniya's POV

I opened my eyes at the sound of glass shattering. I sat up in bed and looked at the clock on my nightstand which read 3:37am. I listened out for any more sounds and heard raised voices.

I just knew it was my mom and dad arguing. I laid back down trying to ignore the noise until I couldn't anymore. I shot out of bed angrily and went down the hall to listen in.

"I haven't seen him in 5 years Amir!" My mom shouted, she was sat on the couch whilst my dad was stood over her.

"So why's he messaging your phone Naala?" My dad fumed.

"I don't know," She cried in response, "You're trying to ignore the fact that I caught you sneaking in here at 3am,"

"That's not important," My dad responded. My mom's head popped up fast,

"That's not important?" She shouted, her tears streaming down her face. "Are you cheating on me again Amir? Why aren't I good enough?"

"Here we go with the victim shit," My dad chuckled. I hardly ever saw him talk to my mom like that but it wasn't nice to see.

I stood against the wall hoping that they didn't spot me. This was an everyday occurrence and I was started to feel like they were on their way to a divorce.

"I'm sorry that I can't trust you! You cheated on me at my lowest and then sent me into early labour," My mom said standing up.

I saw the shattered glass on the floor and then my dad followed behind her.

"Let it go Naala damn," My dad said loudly, "You want us to be done? Cool,"

"Amir get out of this house," My mom said holding onto the counter.

"I pay for this shit, I'm not leaving," I heard before I heard the sound of more glass smashing.

"Stop throwing shit," Daddy screamed at her,

"I hate you!" My mom yelled at him. "I'm so done with you, pack your stuff and get out of my house Amir I mean it. You wanna cheat, feel free because I can't do this anymore."

"I'm not fucking cheating on you Naala damn, I wish I was at this point,"

"Get out," My mom screamed following by a loud smashing sound. I heard my dad leave and slam the front door shut.

I waited a few seconds before coming out to where my mom was. She was leaning down trying to pick up the smashed glass.

"Mama I'll do it," I said softly making my presence known.

"I'm so clumsy," She responded dropping the glass in a bag.

"This is a lot of glass," I said side eyeing her. She nodded and wiped her face,

"You know I'm small, I couldn't reach it," My mom lied to my face.

"Was that daddy that just left?" I asked using a broom to sweep away the small shards of glass.