chapter 9: -GAME NIGHT -

''It's finally Friday the day everyone has been waiting for! , we are going to be having the big football game tonight, our very own team,The Lakers playing against The crushers from prestigious high school! I bet we all can't contain our excitement'' .A loud voice echoes through the school speaker's and keeps reminding us about the big game tonight .
I arrived at school a few minutes ago and am currently grabbing my things from the locker.

'' Amelia you won't believe what happened! '',mia says clamouring while coming my way .

"Hii spill ,what happened!".

''Ugh, well caden asked me out ,after the game tonight can you believe that !'' .

"Shut up ! Am really diverted right now ,am so happy for you mia".

''I was amused too also are you ready to cheer tonight huh?''

"Am partially ready ,though am a bit nervous" , I tell her .

''Don't worry you'll get over it and besides we practiced hard ".mia blurts.
______♧_____

''Good morning geographers I hope you guys are working on your projects,this project is quiet interesting because it involves a bit of travelling for those who like to travel '' our geography teacher reminds us about our geography project.

''My partner isn't serious about the project and doesn't like travelling mr Clark so what do I do'', one of the girls at the backseat utters .
'' Same here mr Clark my partner always has excuses when it comes to doing our project"
Xavier says while looking at me , I groan and look the other way.

''Well I urge all of you to take this project seriously ,I'll have to tutor you after school on how important it is'' he says.

"But now let's get into the topic I have for you " mr Clark says and the class groans.

20mins into the lesson I feel someone poking my shoulder ,I look beside me and see Xavier smiling like a clumsy person .

''Hi princess ,are you ready for the game tonight i bet you are so eager to see me play. ''

"Not even a tiny bit blue eyes and seeing you gives me brain tumour "I say sarcastically .

''Ouch that hurt '',Xavier puts his hands on his heart like his hurt he sure is hot ,I roll my eye's and focus on what Mr Clark is teaching.

All my classes are done and there's only one hour till the game begins ,we are going to meet at the field to practice for our opening act .

*55minutes later

''C'mon girls I don't want any of you making any mistakes ,let's practice the slogan again '' jordi utters to us
"Fly high to the sky and cheer loud to the crowd "we all mutter.

The music starts and we perform mia and I landed on our tumbles perfectly ,I am so eager to see who wins tonight , we take our seats down at the bleachers as I seat next to mia.

''As always Holden is going to take down everyone and crush it''. Jordi blurts while our footballers take their positions on the field .

The game was full of slams and body crushes,Holden scores and Jordi screams out holdens name,'' that's my baby keep it up babe.''

"Can't wait to give it to him tonight" I hear her telling her friends.

Some minutes later Xavier scores and mia and I both cheer for him go Xavier! He looks our way and smiles ,I see a darting figure, who I suppose is holden making down to the field running with everyone after him

"Touch down" the dictators yell from the speakers and everyone howls with energy!

When it was time out jordi followed over to Holden with her friends and hugged Holden but he pushed her away and walked out on her .I noticed how upset she got from afar but she shrugged it off and came our way pretending like nothing happened.

Xavier comes my way and gives me his Jersey as he disappears to the locker room , I could feel peoples intern gaze on me ,when he gave me his Jersey.

In the end our team won and we did our final act "Fly high to the sky and cheer for the crowd ,Team lakers!".

It was already dark outside ,I proceeded to the bathroom to change back into my school uniforms and get going well since mia left with caden immediately after the game was over.

''Hi jordi can I get a ride home with you '',chole asks her.
"Of course "she responds and they leave the washroom .
And now I'm all alone with everyone gone ,Am not sure on how am going to get home my phone switched off because I didn't charge it, I take a look at the time on my wrist watch and it's 8:05pm ,how am I going to get home I murmur to myself while holding on to my bag tightly and dragging my heavy feet ,I pass through the school gates in hope of finding someone but there is completely no one.
Guess I'll have to catch the bus at the bus station.I just hope someone doesn't come from the blues to strangle me as I walk down these streets, I reach the bus station but there's no sign of any bus out here. I could have called my dad or ava but my phones battery is dead.A car engine slows down and I hoped it would be a bus, But as I looked around and saw a black lavish rolls Royce car The glass window rolls down and I gawk when I see the person behind the wheels its Thee Holden.
''Come on in I'll take you home'',I hesitate and he notices
''If you are waiting for the bus it's not coming anytime soon you already missed the 8:00pm bus.''
"Really ? "I ask and he shrugs I get in the car and the door automatically closes .He starts to drive away ,''can you send me your address '' he muses.

Sure I give him my address though I gave it to him last time . 20 minutes later He pulls up at my house .
"Thank you for the ride ,I don't know how I would have gotten home if it wasn't for you ".

''You are so unbelievable ,how could you stay back for the game with no means of transport''he asks

"Well I didn't know it would finish this late and my batteries phone is dead I would have called my dad or sister"

''Didn't your team captain tell you that the Friday games mostly end late ''. He asks

"No I think she must have forgotten to mention it to me Because I was completely clueless" .

''You know it's dangerous to walk down those street's alone considering the fact that that you are a girl ,anything bad could have happened"

"I know ,Don't put the blame on me, am new here and I didn't have any idea and besides I had no choice, If I didn't stay this long I would have been kicked out of the team"

''I couldn't expect less from jordi ,she's so barbaric ,But whenever we have a game make sure you let me know and I'll be dropping you off" Holden says with concern heard through his voice which is so usual of him

"Sure I will ,thanks once more" I muse and I glance up at him and catch him starring at me with his vivid ocean eyes appearing bright as ever, how i wish he was mine , sometimes I feel like he and I have a special connection when he peers at me that way.

A/N
Heyy cuties ❤ I hope you are enjoying the book so far and for the holden and Amelia shippers am sure you'll like this chapter.
Also comment below if you have any ship names for
Xavier&Amelia
Or
Holden&amelia
Much love to everyone supporting me by reading this book ♡