CHAPTER 36 : FIND ME

Drapetomania is an overwhelming urge to run away that's exactly how I feel currently.
I didn't think my life would change in these few months of living in Denver most of all being at crown lake high, I made new friends who I can say are more like family now, I didn't feel like coming to school today but I just had to ,I doubt if I'll be attentive with all that's happening

"Hi are you alright, you haven't uttered a word since I picked you up," asks Holden.

"I'm not fine, you know family issues" I mutter bluntly leaning against the cars window glass.

"Are you going to tell me about it"

"Yes but not now, maybe after class"

"You know what will cheer you up?" Says Holden

"No what ?"

"Some ice cream, after class you and I are going on an ice cream spree"

"Yayy I'm excited" I muse sarcastically

Holden pulls over at the car park and he gets out of his Suv as be proceeds to the passengers seat and opens the door for me .

"Can I help you carry your bag" he suggests

"No, it's Alright I got it".

We vacilate through the pathway to the entrance.
We reach the school entrance and all the attention turns to us ,I can hear a few whispers saying ' is that the girl'.

"Holden don't you think people are looking at me weirdly "

"I'm sure it's because of our Instagram post, didn't you see it "

"No, I didn't I have a lot on my plate and I haven't been online".

"I captioned it as Bambi meaning baby in Italian, that's why everyone's looking at you awkwardly they think we're dating".

"Really you just had to make everything worse but I don't think that's it ,why are they laughing and pointing fingers at me is everything okay with me".

"Hi Amelia, I think you should take your eating disorder serious ,you've gained more weight " muses Brad the guy in geography class.

"What do you mean ?" I ask

"We all know, That's the reason why you were so skinny in the beginning "

"Yeah you have an eating disorder and that sucks you need serious help " mutters Chloe.

It can't be how did they know the only people I told were Holden and mia.

"Amelia " mia says running in my way.

"Someone posted on the school Website saying you have an eating disorder and it has your video attached to it"

My worst nightmare has finally come true, everyone knows about me and they're now making fun of me.

"Amelia are you okay, I just saw the post, " Tate says standing beside mia ,when did she start going to school here

"Mind your business Tate I don't need you to be sympathetic towards me, including all of you Don't act like you care when you don't "

"Amelia you're just angry at the moment, and we are here for you " utters holden

"Holden we are two different people with different worlds revolving around us, just keep out of my life will you, who knows you might be the one who  posted on the website,   not long ago you resented me but to my Dismay you're now cloying , you just wanted to get close to me to shutter me ,you know what ..... I'm sick and tired of all this "I huff and walk off.

"Don't mind what she said, she's just going through some stuff " I hear tate say.

I don't have a ride home so I guess I'll have to walk,Coming to think of it, I'll just go get some ice cream and go sit at the park for some time, going home will be another problem for me, whenever I look at my mum I just remember that she's got little time to stay on this earth and it breaks my heart.

"Welcome to junior's what can I get you "

"One chocolate mint ice cream" I tell the guy at the counter.

"Coming right up " he utters

I get my ice cream and continue my journey to the park, I just want to be somewhere peaceful".

It's been four hours of me sitting at the park and thinking about what I told my friends earlier, The only person I can talk to now is Holden but I shut him out at school, wow way to go Amelia, you're now friendless might as well be crushless might as well be single for the rest of your life ,Arghh the more I keep everything inside the more I breakdown.

___________________________________________________________________

If you're wondering where I currently am, I'm at the Andrew's house in front of holdens bedroom doorstep, I just figured I need to make things right between us his the only one I can count on .
I knock on his door twice and wait for an answer.

He swings the door open but shuts it right in my face without saying anything, I stay there for two minutes and he opens it again.

"Holden can we talk "

" you made it clear that whatever happened didn't mean anything to you, like  you  said  we are two different people and have different worlds revolving  around us it's better if we stayed away from each other" Mutters Holden

"Wow I just didn't think you would take it seriously, I was sentimental and I just blurted everything out but I'm here to make amends".

"Make amends, you pushed all your friends away today including Tate who was just trying to help you, And of all things you think I'm the one who posted on the school's website ,Do you not trust me?"

"You know nothing about what's going on with me, it's better if you don't involve certain people in this issue, you know what I should have never come here in the first place when all you're going to do is point out the wrong stuff I did "

"Then what are you waiting for leave!" holden lets out with anger heard through his voice.
I skedaddle down the stairs and ignore the stares I'm getting from the workers, the  good thing  is Mr and Mrs Andrews aren't around to see me miserably breakdown, I just made a fool out of myself for coming here, it's a bit dark outside i could get molested, but who cares about me anyway.

Holdens pov
I can't decide on what song to sing at the music festival, all I can think about is Amelia I should have never said that to her, she mentioned that she was going through some family issues earlier, but my anger got the best of me , everyone at school is making fun of her,it hurts to see that, I just hope my angel is doing great, after the whole school incident I confronted Jordi about it because I know she's the one who posted ,jordi admitting she did it makes me resent her more.
I hear my phone ringing and I  answer it immediately after seeing the name pop up on my screen.

"Hi Holden I'm sorry for disturbing you, but I have to ask if Amelia is with you"

"No Vanessa she isn't, she was here an hour ago, but we argued and I sort of asked her to leave, she's not yet home? "

" I'm worried about her, and her phones switched off, do you have any idea of where she could be?"

"Not really but don't worry I'll find her".

"Thanks, we'll look for her too, my news must have disturbed her, " says amelia's mum.

I shouldn't have let her leave in that state .

Authors note

Hi loves, hope you're enjoying fIP "forever isn't promised " , I'm disheartened to say it's coming to end soon, only a few chapters are remaining and that's the reason why I'm prolonging the chapters.

Comment below on how your experience of reading it has been.
I love you all and new chapters will be released every Friday <3