CHAPTER 34 : -BIRTHDAY VIBES-

Birthday celebrations aren't really my thing but I'm celebrating this one because my mum's the one who insisted and It's part of my apology for acting all cocky .
I can't still get over the fact that Xavier is considering getting back with tate.

<Flashback >

"Let's go to the practice room and will talk about this there".

"Take a seat " Xavier tells

"Tate isn't my girlfriend she's actually my ex, we were dating a long time ago before I met you, when I went to visit my grandma in the uk we reconciled, it's a long story but she likes introducing us as old time lovers , I moved on and she didn't "

"But why is she at your house if you guys broke up" I ask

"Our families go way back , her dad is one of our business partners in London , And she's here to see her step-mum who happens to be here for a while , honestly I've never met her step mum, the only place Tates familiar with here is my place that's why she's here for the time being".

"Umm okay that makes sense , she seems pretty cool "

"Yeah she is , I'm considering getting back with her" mutters Xavier.

"I thought I under estimated him ,And he claimed to be hurt , i guess what he felt wasn't real it hasn't been a month and his already thinking of getting back with his ex anyway I'm better of by myself as i said earlier" .

-end of flashback-

Back to reality today's a special day for me,
I have a feeling today's going to be ecstatic.

"Rise and shine sweetheart today's your big day. wow guess you're already up ,  in that case ,you better start getting ready I've got a big surprise for you"

"Trust me mum I don't even know what to wear" .

"That's why I have it all figured out ,I bought an outfit" she hands me the gift bag and pecks my cheek.

"Happy birthday sweetie".

"Aww thanks"

"You better get ready young lady " she utters and leaves my room

"I wonder what my mum has out planned for me ,I just hope it's nothing too extra because  I don't like extra"

Wow this leather dress is pretty I mutter to myself while I open my gift bag, seems like mum got matching shoes to go with the outfit.
Good thing I got my hair and nails done yesterday, I decided to do something different with my hair, I curled it up and dyed the down part, I guess I was ready for my new age glow up.
, to be honest I just wanted to spend time with my family at home, I'm craving for some home made food.

"Amelia darling I'll need you to put your blind fold on "

"Really mum is it that necessary" I utter.

"Yes you don't want to ruin the surprise " ava states this time

"Fine I'll do it but know you'll be responsible if I fall or miss a step".

Ava blind folds me and helps me get out of the car.

"Careful lia , just hold on to me ,we are almost there".

We walk a few steps to the front then turn right

"We're here but wait don't remove your blindfold just yet" utters mia.

I can hear some mini whispers going on.
After two mins of waiting , my mum finally comes up to me and removes my blindfold.
I glance at the view in front of me and its extremely elegant , my mum arranged a picnic neon party for me .

"Happy birthday Amelia !" Vibrant voices utter I look a little further from me and see Mia,caden, Holden, Hailey ,blossom ,Tori and Xavier looking more optimistic than me .

"Oh my goodness I didn't expect to see you all here" I say astonished .

"I think I'm going to cry I feel sentimental, Tori I'm stunned to see you ,I didn't think I'd see you today, I didn't know I would see all of you here" I muse through  sniffs.

"Come one girl don't cry you'll mess up your makeup, I love your new hair, I missed you " Tori mutters.

"Thanks , I missed you too, how did you make it here".
"Well your mum booked me a flight and  besides that  I'm staying with my uncle  upstate" she mutters

"Aww , 17 looks good on you lia , Let the party begin "mia says .

Everyone cheers and heads to where everything is set,Holden remained behind staring direct at me ,should I wave or say hi to him I notion to myself.

He moves towards me and my eyes are still glued to his .

"Happy birthday bambi , I love your new hair and you look pretty in that outfit" holden says with a smile.

"Wow thanks, I didn't expect you to compliment me   again ".

"It's your birthday and I'll be on my best behaviour"

"Someone's changing" I mutter.

"And before I forget I got you something" he reaches for his pocket and removes two jewellery boxes a black and white one.

"I thought you would like this "he says and hands over the black one.

"Thank you" I say and glance at him

"Aren't you going to open it?"

I open the box and see a blue crescent shaped necklace with a cloud on it.

"Wow I love it ,its beautiful  how did you know  I'm a Selenophile".

" I'm glad you like it, a little birdy told me " mutters Holden.

"Can you help me put it on?" I ask Holden

"Sure "

"It looks lovely on you " he muses.

I Stand on my toes and give him a tight hug , he reaches for me and embraces me back holding me close to his chest making my heart skip a beat.

"This sure is one of the best gifts I've ever gotten" I  whisper in holdens ears

"Come on you two love birds stop cuddling and get over here " blurts mia.

We chuckle and let go of each other , we walk towards the setup and everyone's staring at my necklace , yes it's that bright and pretty. I look at my mum and she winks at me, she invited the Andrews over as well ,I sit in between tori and mia while Holden sits next to caden and xavier.

"I can't believe the trio is sitted right infront of us , remember when we used to obsess over them" Tori whispers in my ears.

"Who would have thought  Amelia an average  girl from Zambia,would be so close to them not forgetting  she was  in a relationship with one of them "I mutter .

"Still feels like a dream doesn't it " retorts tori.

"Excuse me can everyone be attentive , I would like to say a few things before we depart from here  I would like to give a toast to the birthday girl amelia, she's been a big part of my life in these 9 months I've spent with her , Thank you  for always being there for me and helping me  bring out the best version of myself,you taught me  the real meaning of friendship and  love  from me and the girls we love you ". Mia finishes her mini speech and everyone applauds

"I love you too ,and I thank everyone for dropping everything  just to  make my day special , expecially you mum , I don't know if this would have been amazing without her great effort, I'm grateful for you guys and your presents, cheers to more happy days " I utter

Everyone cheers and applauds, I  look around for my mum but I can't see her where did she wander off to?

"Hey amelia can we talk?".

I look besides me and see Xavier.