CHAPTER 28 : -TRUTH-

School resumes in about three days and my birthday is in a month ,i never  celebrate my birthday  because it reminds me of how i was waiting for her to show but she never did, just because Vanessa  is here and she wants me to doesn't mean  I'll  celebrate it.
I feel frustrated  ,sophomore year will be ending soon which means the music festival is coming up , and I'll have to be spending time with Holden I can't rebuttal these  feelings I have towards him I think I made a hasty decision in getting into a relationship with one of his close friends .
The knock I hear at my door brings me out of my thoughts.

"Come in" I utter

"Sweetie the Andrews invited us over at thier place for brunch in the next hour and a half  I wanted to inform you to get ready".

"Oh come on dad what if I don't feel like going there?"

"I understand but I think it wouldn't be much Of a deal since you get along with Holden and Hanna"

"You mean Hailey ? "

"Oh yes Hailey, Be ready at 10  "Dad says and  walks out of my room

To be honest I didn't want to go anywhere before school resumes  , It's been a week since the whole Vanessa drama or must I say my mum, I just hope Holden forgot about the incident ,his stone cold emotion couldn't care less about anyone .

"Avaaaa!"I yell out already feeling melancholy

"Oh jeez Amelia why is your pudgy self already crabbed this early morning" ava states

  "I don't know what to wear do you have any ideas " I say in my grouchy state .

"Since it's a brunch We are going to  why don't you just wear something casual and bright"

"Good thinking I can wear my  dress and a denim jacket paired up with sneakers "

"That will do just don't eat too much for you to puke on Holden again"

"Hey that wasn't my fault I am just  adjusting"

"Adjusting my foot ,I am happy you're nolonger starving yourself like you used to ,I guess Xavier is really making you happy."

"Yeah me too " little did she know that someone else was behind my improvement.

"Can I go now?"  Ava mummers.

"Wait one more question is vanessa coming with?".

"I think so , Don't worry everything happens for a good cause."

I huff and continue preparing ,I stroll downstairs  after I finish preparing.

''Good morning sweetie'' vanessa says with a huge grin on her face

"Good morning" I retort back with a frowning  face  ,Today's going to be a  wonderful day. I say in a sacarstic lame tone.

"Let's get going " dad mutters

We all proceed to my dads truck outside and get in ,The car ride was quiet  but not in an awkward  way ,No one uttered a word.
I haven't been to Holdens House before,the only exciting thing is meeting Hailey again.
The car has been moving for about 15 minutes and i feel like we are taking forever ,i  didnt want to be in the same environment as vanessa for a long time ,its suffocating , I can't pretend  that everything's okay when it's not.
We pull into driveway and it looks like the other part of town consisting of large houses whereas
Our street has medium houses.
We finally pull in a highway and a black colossal gate comes in view with the name Andrew's  family  pasted on it ,the gate  automatically  opens  and a Towering house comes to our view .
Wow this is  lavish, considering  the fact that his parent's  are billionaires this house looks like  a Palace ,Dad parks his car in the parking area
As we all proceed to the entrance.

"Good morning ,everyone's waiting for you at the garden let me lead your way" A medium height man tells us and we follow suit.

We  walk past the beautiful  large house and wander off to thier backyard  where Mr and Mrs Andrews come into view,The garden is surrounded by a white picket fence, giving it a cozy and inviting feel. There's a charming stone pathway that winds through the garden, leading to a cozy seating area with wooden benches and tables, As we stroll along the path a variety of plants ranging from delicate roses to tall sunflowers comes insight , The garden is also home to a bubbling fountain, adding a soothing sound to the serene atmosphere.

"Good morning, It's good to see you all"  says  Holdens mum  with a bright smile  spread on her face.

"Good to see you too  Mrs Andrews" utters vanessa

"I am so sorry but I  don't seem to recognise you , you must be amelias mother right because of the striking  resemblance " 

"Yes I am"  vanessa retorts

"It's nice to meet you too Mrs stone " muses Holdens mum.

We all sit at the beautifully decorated table filled with all sorts of meals,Minutes after my family and I settle down Holden and Hailey show up, Hailey has a huge smile on her face while Holden seems unconcerned about all this .

"Amelia it's been  long'  it's good to see you am glad you made it"  says Hailey As she hugs me and pecks my cheek, she sits beside me and Holden sits at the chair across me ,so his basically  right infront of me looking  charming as always.

"Good to see you too" I return the gesture .

Holdens mum clears her throat and all the attention is directed towards her,All the mini talks that people were having  turn into total silence

"To the stone family, Thank you for coming,I really appreciate your effort, we actually organised this  to tell you all something important ,The Andrew's  empire opened a new branch  in Massachusetts  and it'll be one of the biggest firms  in the State  ,This brunch  is part of a celebration  for this family and you as our family friends   she mutter and everyone  applausees To more success  Let's enjoy " she finishes her Statement And music starts playing while everyone enjoys their meal.

Shortly after her announcement  ,Loved by you  starts playing by Justin  Bieber and  burna boy.

"I love this song "Hailey says to my ears  as she starts singing to it .

I look around the place and see vanessa talking to Holdens  mum and  the dad's are also chatting it up ,Ava has been on her phone and  seems bored.
While Holden is also  on his phone I wonder who he might be texting if it isn't jordi.

"Hey Amelia would you like me to give you a tour"

"Umm yeah sure let me grab my purse"