Chapter 37: HURTS SO GOOD

Holdens pov
I feel a little nauseous and I just want to be by her side, I can't lie but I am worried about her, I checked the park and she isn't there, she isn't at junior's too, I checked the ice cream parlour and she wasn't there where could she be, come one holden think, There's only one place I haven't looked.
I push the door open and there she is, in the crowd of a few people looking at some art portrait I  move towards her and  settle.
"How did you find me " she mutters,
"I just figured you would be here besides I know happen to know  you that well, I was petrified when your mum called and told me you hadn't reached home, what's really going on"

"Remember when you brought me here  after my break up with xavier"

"Yes, you told me you used to paint with your mum and then you suddenly stopped because you didn't have the zeal anymore"

"I thought you forgot " she says and lets out a chuckle

"I can't forget anything to do with you Amelia, This place is almost closing let's go to my car, we can talk from there". _________________________________________________________________
"You know I started painting again when my mum showed up it's like she's the one who gives me strength to do so and now that she's not going to be here for long I just can't do it anymore I'll have to quit doing it because it'll always remind me of her."

"What do you mean, she's here to stay isn't she?"

"No Holden she's not, truth is she's got stage three cancer and she hasn't started her treatment," Amelia says with tears rolling down her cheeks

"Just when I was getting my life back, it all comes crashing down and I have to start at the bottom again, why is it that I'll always be the one to be disadvantaged I thought she was going to stick around but hey forever isn't promised is it and like that's all, I just discovered I've got a step-sister, can you just imagine that Tates my step-sister, how much does a young lady like me have to deal, its just too much for me to handle".

Damn seeing her break like this makes my heart ache too,I take her hand and put it closer to mine, "I'm so sorry you have to go through this,just know that  will go through this together"

She lays on my chest and sobs, I pull her closer and hug her tightly ,"Amelia I'm never leaving you no matter what, I didn't know you Had so much going on, I'm sorry about everything I said to you earlier I shouldn't have"

"You don't have to apologise, I'm the one who accused you, you had every right to do so"

after what happened today I just figured out how much I care her ,I like her ,I really do and I don't ever want to see her hurt it breaks my heart.
She sits up and stares at me I glance at her with admiration ,she pulls me close to her, close that i can feel her heart beat and smell her jasmine scented perfume, with our lips brushing aganist each other, I close the gap between us and kiss her plump lips without hesitation she lets me in and kisses me back passionately the kiss is slow  and we sync in motion.

"Holden  I-I". She tries to utter a word after we pull put but cut her off

"I should probably get  you your home your mum's worried " I mutter.

"Sure ". She utters looking puzzled

The ride home is peaceful and filled with silence.

"Holden thanks for finding me and making me feel better I really appreciate it "

"Don't even mention it, I'll always be by your side and never leave, remember we'll go through this together"
Amelia's pov.
"I'm glad holden found you, I was afraid you'd do something out of line, Tate Told me what happened at school today, tell me how long has this been happening "

"Well after you left It was hard for me to go back to my jubilant State so I started eating a lot,i⁰t helped me forget my stress issues for a while then people at school started making fun of me because I gained weight, and from there on I started starving myself and eventually I stopped eating at all, I would skip meals most of the time, I continued this habit till we moved to Denver".

"Honey I didn't know me leaving would have such an impact on you, some things were out of my control and I just couldn't stay, your father and I had a complicated relationship so the best way was for us to go our separate ways, I always wished I would come back for my girls but your dad took full custody of you and he didn't let me visit you after I got married to Leon ".

"Mum all that matters is that you're now here and I promise to be the best version of myself no matter what"

" Even when I'm gone, I'll always be here with you in your heart, never limit yourself no matter the occurrence always be you and do you,You're more than what you think you are".

"Thanks I Love you, mum"

"I love you too sweetie," she says and drags me in a hug.

"Aww family group hug," Ava says as she throws herself towards us.

"One more thing I would like you two to get along with Tate she's really friendly if you get to know her "

"Sure we'll work on that" states Ava.