chapter 39: In the stars

Thanatophobia is the fear of losing someone you love.

I received a phone call from dad saying mum had gotten really sick overnight and she's been admitted, Holden and I quickly rushed to the hospital she was admitted to after hearing the news, no one has been allowed to see her ever since she went to the emergency room, to be honest I'm not ready to say goodbye because this one might mean forever.

"She'll be fine right?"I ask dad

"Yes she will Sweetie, your mum is strong, she fought it years ago and She'll do so too now " dad mutters

"But I thought she recently discovered it "I ask astonished.

"Your mum didn't want to tell you and Ava that she had it four years ago and she fought it, when she found out that it had come back again she knew it would be hard to get rid of it because there's no treatment".

"So when she said she started treatment it was all a lie?"

"Don't worry She'll pull through "dad assures
"Can I get you guys anything, food, water ....?" Holden says

"Thanks but I think we don't need anything, " I tell Holden.

The doctor comes out of the emergency room and comes in our direction

"You must be the patient's family, I'm doctor Mwila well I have some news for you "

"Tell us doctor what is it " ava utters

"Can I please talk to Mr . Stone in private " utters the doctor

"Whatever it is ,you can say it in front of us " I rebuttal , he looks at my dad for some confirmation and my dad nods his head in agreement.

"Well the patient's condition is stable for now but the cancer has spread throughout her body and is almost reaching her brain, there's a slim possibility that she might make it, she only has a little time left ,she might not make it". Utters doctor Mwila.

"Can we see her now?" I mutter

"Yes you can ,but  go in one at a time "

"Thank you Doctor Mwila "utters my dad.

"So who's ready to go In first ?" Asks Dad

"I'll go in last" I mutter

"I will "utters Tate as she approaches us," I got a call from Ava saying Vanessa was admitted, I'll go in first ."

____________________________________________________________.

"Amelia come On in, stop standing at the door" says mum

"I just didn't know how to show up, I'm upset and angry at myself " I muse

"Come here she pats the side of her bed, Let me hear it, tell me everything you've always wanted to say to me " she muses with a weak strained voice.

"I'm sad there's nothing I can do to make you feel better, I can't save you , I always hoped you'd show up On my previous birthdays I kept on waiting for you but you never showed, Dad would always say 'mummy couldn't come this time but she told me to tell you she loves you more than you can ever imagine', I just wish I can take back time so that we can start over ma"

"When you were a little girl you'd always beg me to read you the same bedtime story every night and you loved one lullaby that would you calm you down whenever you were grumpy "

"Yeah It's still my favourite story, Harold's fairytale right , Even Up to date I feel like my imaginations can come  to life just by drawing using a simple magic crayon" I say and let out a chuckle.