chapter 10: -AWESTRUCK-

Laying on my Queen size bed and Glancing at the celing not knowing what to do, slowly being consumed with doldrum ,After some minutes of thinking I decide to call tori , she instantly picks up on the second ring.

"Hi Tori"
"Hi, Amelia! You completely forgot about me since you moved abroad , I bet you made new friends and nolonger care about your old ones"

"Ohh come on tori you know I would never do that right, I've got a lot to tell you "

"I know I was Just trying to be a drama queen, so what's new"

"Well I joined the cheerleaders and things are going out pretty great, the other time Xavier invited me to his party and the crazy thing is that we almost kissed "

"Shut up Amelia you almost did what! "Tori screams through the phone

" but I thought you liked Holden, have you lost interest in him"

"Well, I didn't say I no longer like Holden ,I  just feel that i should keep ky distance from holdenhis got a girlfriend,  i might end up being hurt "

"Well boo him why do you sound tired "

"The cheer practice got my body aching."

"I've never imagined you as a cheerleader however I'm glad you're doing something you enjoy "

"Yeah me too , Babes I'll call you back later take care will ya".

"Bye bummy , take care too". She retorts

After hanging up I decided to go downstairs and see what dad and ava are up too .

"You are up sweety come over here and have some spaghetti that ava prepared '' dad mumbles
I move forward to where dad is sitting.

" Am sure you girls know that today's the day we are having dinner with my boss and his family at 7 p.m. so be ready?" dad tells us

"Okay,  no problem ava and I will prepare our family special!"

A few hours later
I decided to wear my  yellow dress which is something casual not too fancy, I decided to straighten my hair and put on some natural makeup.
I head downstairs and find out that dad and ava already set the table , I help with putting some things that we're missing, ava looks pretty good she's wearing a black floral dress with some white flower patterns pasted on the dress.
"Alright girls our guests might be here any minute" dad tells us
Just after dad uttered those words a knock on the door is heard

"Ava why don't you check who's at the door while Amelia and I make sure everything is in place" mutters dad.

"Sure let me just do that " ava says and heads towards the door while dad finishes the last touches,some minutes later ava shows up with our guests and the people that come in view have me awestruck ,Holden and his family are here! "act cool Amelia "I muse to myself
Dad would have at least tipped me on this one. Holden doesn't really look like his mum ,maybe he got his features from his dad , standing beside them is a girl who's almost my age ,she's got a
medium height and long blonde hair, dark brown eyes and definitely has that model look.

" How are you doing Mr Andrews am glad you and your family agreed to join us for dinner,this is my second daughter Amelia she's goes to crown lake and I suppose you've met Ava my first born daughter "my dad shakes hands with Holden's father

"Thank you Mr stone we are glad to join you and your family , what a lovely home this is , I must say your daughters are pretty, And this is my lovely wife Catherine and my son holden accompanied by his sister Hailey, holden goes to crown lake as well am sure he and Amelia have met one way or another" he chuckles and looks at holden and I.

"We have met actually , Holden and I have most of our classes together I say while directing my eyes at holden.

"That's wonderful to hear" Holden's mum mutters , she's got the same shade of hair colour as Haileys but her eyes are Amber.

"Let's take our seats"my dad offers as we all head to the dining room and take our seats and begin to have our meals.
_______♧________

"Why don't you guys go and get to know each other more while we talk about business" my dad mumbles after we finish having our food.

"Sure, follow me this way" I tell holden and Hailey to follow me to my second favourite part of the house which is the backyard where I relax when am having a bad day, well because ava Is probably somewhere in the house because the last time i saw her was at the dinner table.

"So Amelia right, we didn't have a proper introduction my name is Hailey, has he told you about me yet. "she asks while pointing at holden.

"Nice to meet you Hailey well holden and I aren't that close, we rarely talk"I tell her.

"Why is that so,is it because of his girlfriend bully ,let me guess she warned you to stay away from him, "Hailey says, with a frown on her face.

"Yep that's exactly what she told me so I'm trying to keep my distance " I retort

" you guys do know that jordi isn't that bad if you get to know her". Mutters holden

"I'd rather spend time with someone else "Hailey muses and we both let out chuckles.

"It's not like your going to do anything about it, I wonder why you haven't broken up with her yet," Hailey tells holden

"Hailey stay out of my personal affairs will you"holden spits out.

"Whatever, so Amelia how long have you been to crown lake," Hailey says

"I think it's almost 2months and a half now, my family and I recently moved here from Zambia" I retort

"Ohh  interesting but do you like It there ?" She murmurs

"Yeah I do like it considering the fact that I'm still trying to fit in but ill get a hang of it"

"I agree on that one crown Lakes students are so haughty of course except you, that's why I chose to go to prestigious high ,all the cool people go there you know" she blurbs

"Your school is full of shitty people, that's why you guys even lost the football game "holden utters

" I wasn't talking to you ,I was talking to Amelia and watch out for us during the next game will crush you guys ", Hailey rolls her eyes at holden and looks back at me.
"Cut it out you two ,quit acting like toddlers I tell them ,we all stay silent for a bit and Hailey breaks the silence by asking me to take a photo of her since holden denied her request.

It's now time for Holden's family to take their leave, Hailey and I exchanged our numbers a while ago and we played some ludo, holden kept on winning so Hailey and I just gave up.

" Amelia I had fun spending time with you I think we should catch up later sometime," Hailey says and hugs me.

"I hope so too I tell her while standing on the edge of the front porch only balancing sideways, I hear ava calling for me and as I was about to turn around to look at her ,I lose control of my legs and slip , oh lord this can't be happening now I say to myself with my eyes shut.

I open my eyes, only to find out that I actually didn't fall down but instead am in between someone's arms who has a strong grip on me I peer up and see holden looking down at me I suddenly feel a fluttery sensation and my heart races faster I can tell am probably sweating on my forehead and I feel nauseous, I accidentally puke on Holden's jacket, I know everyone's stern gaze is on us so I quickly apologise to holden , I can tell from his face his awestruck by my actions,I skedaddle  to the house so that I shouldn't face any further embarrassment and lock myself in the bathroom.