CHAPTER 40 : Bonus Part 1

~Amelia ~
Graduation is in a few hours and I can't help but feel zealous ,the only thing that's holding me back is the fact that Holden won't be there with me ,it's unusual that all the plans we made won't be effective because his in another state , our communication hasn't been the same as it was 5 months ago , it's like we are drifting apart and it's killing me slowly but hey it's all part of the process , he said he'll come back for me and I'll wait even though he abruptly broke up with me and later went back on his word not forgetting the  part where he left my room  when I told him I loved him.

"Good morning bummer " muses Mia as she stands besides me and leans towards her locker .

"Good morning mia , you look jovial did anything overzealous happen?"

"Not really I'm just happy that will be out of this shitty school in a few hours , we'll get to go out and explore this world together "

"That sounds interesting ,can't wait for all that ,only if it were that easy"

"You're a Debbie downer , just so you know you and I are stuck together , we are going at the same college right" utters mia

"Obviously that's a no brainer ,though I  applied at berkleee too".

"Omg thats awesome lia ,did you tell holden?"

"No not yet we haven't really talked , it's been two weeks now, I guess we are both busy but I'll tell him as soon as he replies to my previous texts ".

"Are you sure everything is alright with you, as in this long distance thing is it working for you?" Asks mia

"I can't say I'm happy about it but it's just alright, since holdens there pursing his career I think he needs this time to concentrate more on himself so the best I can do is support him."

"Okay if you say you're fine with it, then I have no objection ".

"You better not, just to be clear on something have you been able to view holden's Instagram story lately?" I mutter.

"Ummm I'm not sure, let me check real quick if there's something there today ,but Why'd you ask?"

"It's because I haven't been able to view it, it's been like two weeks and his not responding to my texts neither can i see any of his recent updates ,Have i been blocked!".

"That's odd, OMG Amelia you won't believe what I just saw " mias blurts out

I grab the phone from her hands and look at the video holden posted on his Instagram story .
I try by all means to stay Resilient and push all type of negative thoughts being implemented in my mind .

"This isn't the best time to say it but that's Riley his ex girlfriend , she used to go here before you transferred "

"I thought holden has always been with jordi"

"He dated jordi after Riley moved to massachusetts , everyone admired them , most of the people said they were the real deal because they were so inlove and each other's 'firsts' but i didn't think they would reconnect after a while ".

I shut my eyes in Anguish and try to be tranquil I guess I should have known that this day would come so soon.

" Don't let this ruin your mood ,today is our last day of school and we should embrace that fact , we've come this far and we made our parents proud " muses Mia as she reaches for me and gives me a tight hug.

"Let's go get those gowns and ace this graduation" I blurt out .
____________________________________________________________

"It is a privilege for me to be addresing you on this very rousing occasion. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to address such a talented gathering of hard-working students. This is a great day for you and I,  I'm  very exhilarated to be sharing it with you!" Muses the guest of honur
And right After that the awarding of diploma begins.

"I would like to call upon Dylan Rodgers " muses miss Ross ,the crowd cheers and Dylan proceeds and his diploma gets handed over.
Mia and I both look at each other and an endearing little grin forms on my face, I noticed my Dad and Ava sitted in the second front row , I wish mum would have been here to see her little girl graduate but I'm certain she's always watching over me in the stars.

"I now call upon Xavier Orlando" xavier makes his way to the front , xavier and I are good friends but we aren't as close ,deep down I wish our friendship was still the same, the next person to be called upon is Mia  Olivera, I cheer for her as she approaches the stage .

"Its a pleasure to now call upon Amelia stone " After hearing my name I make way to the stage and receive a handshake from miss Ross and other people On stage, I pose for the photo with my diploma and I make my way to Dad and Ava I instantly spot them but also see Holden standing besides Ava with a bouquet of flowers ,with a grin plastered on his perfect face,my heart skips a beat in addition to that the memory of him and Riley pops up in my head......