CHAPTER 35: -The discovery-

"I got you something  ,I was supposed to give it to you when we were together but things didn't go as planned,  so I just figured I can give it to you on your big day " says Xavier as He hands me a jewellery box.

"It's a butterfly  duplex diamond necklace  I hope you like it ,you don't have to worry about removing the one you have On  now , I just wanted you to have this one ". He states.

"Thanks this means alot to me  i love it , can we go back to being friends?"

" As I said last time there's no bad blood between us and one more thing ,you don't have to worry about being with Holden because of me ,I wish you two the best of luck " 

" what are you talking about, Holden and I are just friends  and nothing more so you don't have to  bring that up "

"Everyone can see how in love you are with each other ,Don't play a blind eye ,i have to  go now  I'll  see you at school"

Well I don't know why everyone's talking about this love shit , Holden and I are just  music partners and good friends  That's all ,Let me continue   looking for vanessa  she wasn't there when I was giving the speech so I'm a bit worried about  where she  could possibly be, this place isn't very large so I'll be able to spot her in no time.

"There you are "

I turn around and see Holden grinning at me

"Well yes here I am , have you seen my mum?"

"I saw  her with my mum a few mins ago at the lounge ".

"There's a lounge here ?"

"Yes just a few miles  from here to your left" says  Holden .

"Thanks I hope I find her"

"Wait before you go , i realised that we didn't take any photos  together".
Holden takes out his phone and we take a few photos 

"Thanks  , I was also wondering if you would like to go out sometime like just the two of us?"

"It wouldn't hurt  ,sure I would like to "I say genuinely,  even though I didn't show it I've been waiting for him to say those words ever since the first day I saw him at crown lake

"You mean like a date right?"

"Yes my lady  a date, I'll make it exceptional,he says and takes my hand and places a soft kiss on it"

Damn my heart just skipped a beat I'm still inlove with him.
"I'm looking forward to that" i muse even though am acting all chilled I feel like screaming on top of my lungs  ,Holden freakin  Andrews just asked me out!

"I have  to go talk to my mum now ,I'll see you at school tomorrow "

"Hi Miss Andrews do you perhaps know where my mum has wandered off to?" I ask  Holden’s mum who gets younger  and  prettier everyday.

"Happy birthday  sweetie , Vanessa  is at the  garden area  I saw her talking to someone ,and  one more thing call me Cathy, miss Andrews is too formal. "she mutters

"Thanks Cathy"  I say and skedaddle to where she said my mum would be.
Got you  I say as I spot my mum whose back is facing me ,she's talking to someone that I can't see due to her body obstructing me from the  view, though their  conversation looks intense ,I can sense some tension , would it be wrong to eavesdrop on them?, of course not I've heard worse ,I move a little bit closer  and  recognise the person my mum is talking to , what could they be talking about,  I scoot closer so that I can hear the conversation properly.

"How's the treatment going,  have you even told them yet?"  Tate asks my mum what is she talking about 

"No I'm not on any treatment yet and I haven't told them I'm waiting for  the  right time  " Vanessa says.

"There's no time Vanessa  , plus dad is worried , you haven't talked to him since you  came here ". Tate murmurs

"I’ve got a lot going on, but I'll let Leon know about everything " says Vanessa  whose Leon and what treatment are they talking about? Do they perhaps know each other?.

"Hi Tate ,what a surprise I didn't think I would see you here today  , and how do you know my mum?" I interfee

"Wait what Vanessa is your mum  " Tate asks mystified

"Yes she is  and what were you guys talking about , what is it you're supposed to tell us , i ask and look at vanessa."

"Well sweetie  I don't know how to say this but Tate's your   stepsister , I wanted to  Introduce you two but it seems you already know each other".

"What do you mean Tate's my step sister? "

"I'm married to her father Leon, and  I’ve taken care of her since she was a little girl "

"And this is when you're telling me ,I've got a step sister, wow just wow  vanessa, apparently I know her , i hate to  say this but I won't consider a stranger  to be my sister, I hate to disappoint you but I'm not getting involved in any of this step-sister thing"

"It's not like I'm happy to be related to you " Tate mutters

I roll my eyes at her, I feel so much resentment  towards my mum and seeing her makes  it worse, how many surprises will I get in one day  ,I have a step sister whose currently   with my ex boyfriend What the hell.

''What treatment was she talking about  i say no longer containing my anger?"

"Sweetie I think we should talk about this at home ,this isn't the right place to talk about  certain stuff "mumbled Vanessa.

I walk away and try to find my way to the car park I should have expected less from her .

"There is my bestest friend  , are you going to tell us what Holden said to you ,you should see the photos he put up on his Instagram  account, his fans must be going crazy "

"Am sorry tori but I can't talk about that right now ,can we do that later" I utter and walk out.
I mean I just found out disturbing news  ,my mum married someone else and Tate’s my step sister  I reach the car and settle down I just want to be alone the good part is that this party things is over and  the only people left are Ava, Tori my mum, dad and Tate.

                      _______♧______

"I guess its now or never, I was planning on telling everyone after Amelia’s birthday but  due to certain  circumstances  now’s the right time". Says Vanessa  we arrived home an hour  ago and  she called for a family meeting  this better be worth the wait .

"Umm I have  an illness  and  its getting worse day by day "utters Vanessa 

My dad pats her back and  comforts her to continue speaking up

"What! ,you're kidding right  What illness?"Ava mumbles in a sorrowful voice .

"I-I have..." She trys to muse but gets cut off by dad.

"Well girls what your mother wants to say is that she's got stage three cancer of lymphoma " muses dad

"That’s why I came here to spend the little time I have  with my girls I'm sorry I had to tell you  this way but i had no other choice "utters Vanessa

I get up from the discussion and head to my room ,I'm not ready  for  disheartening  news ,just as I was about to start living a normal life , this happens  my life’s crushing down before my eyes and there's nothing I can do about it , I've longed so much for the perfect family  but hey Forever isn't  promised.