chapter 11: -PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT-

After the Saturday incident, I don't even feel like going to class, I don't want to face Holden after I puked on his jacket, am so dim -witted ,what was I thinking ,am sure he now thinks am uncanny.

"Earth to Amelia, " Mia's voice brings me out of my notions.

"Oh hi, mia sorry I didn't see you there I was deep in thought".

"What are you even thinking of this early, I've been calling your name more than four times " she says.

" well, you won't reckon what happened".

"What happened am now getting anxious "mia asks

"Remember, the family dinner I told you about"

" yes I do, the one where your dad invited his boss and his family over at your place?" Mia blurts

"Exactly that one, well his boss is Mr Andrews, Holden's father and they came to my place for dinner"

"Shut up you are the luckiest Bish I've ever seen lia, first Xavier and now Holden comes to your place for dinner, come on go on I want to know everything that happened, " mia says with a wide smile on her face.

"Don't get over-excited the ending is quite embarrassing, when it was time for them to leave, I was standing at the edge of the porch and I lost balance but holden caught me before my butt hit the ground and then I unintentionally puked on his jacket.

"Omg holden held you, that was romantic of course not the puking part lia that was sickening, how did he react though?"

"His facial expression was priceless but I ran to the bathroom before anyone could utter a word, but I told Ava to tell him to leave his jacket so that I should clean up, that was exasperating".

"Excuse me Amelia ,can I have a word " someone from behind clears his throat after uttering, Mia and I both turn around and see Holden standing behind us Just by seeing holden, my adrenaline levels are high and a flashback of Saturday come back.

"Hey Amelia? Is everything fine" holden asks as he sends me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, sure".

"Then I'll see you later Amelia, "mia says and signals thumbs-up to me for good luck, leaving me with holden what would he possibly want to talk about ,his jacket?.

" well I've been wanting to ask you about the festival  preparations  ,you haven't gotten back to me"
"Oh right the festival, I think we can start today". I say while looking anywhere but his eyes.

"Great then I'll see you in music class"

"Umm Holden am sorry about your jacket, I actually cleaned it and I'll give it back to you tomorrow, I really didn't know what happened".

"It's fine ,I think you ate too much, just so you know that was my favourite jacket but you can keep it, is that the reason why you look all culpable" holden says while letting out a chuckle

"Well yes its contributing to my misery but I don't regret doing it" I muse while slackishly slapping his shoulder.

"Ouch Amelia that hurt I didn't know you could be such a Lil bully, "holden says still smirking his got the perfect jawline and his smile is something I would wish to see every day, snap out of it Amelia his not yours my inner voice reminds me.

"You deserved it" I say and roll my eyes at him.

" Holdy  I missed you so much, why haven't you been picking up my calls Jordi comes up from nowhere and pushes me out of her way and I hit my right shoulder towards my locker and almost fall , she proceeds to hug holden tightly without apologising "even I would have suffocated with that type of hug.
Holden pushes her away and the look on her face is priceless.

"Are you alright Amelia?" Holden asks me to my dismay

"Yes I'm alright, thanks for asking" I say with a smile plastered on my face I can't contain my excitement right now did thee holden ignore his girlfriend to ask if I was alright , though my shoulder hurts a little bit

"Great Im glad " he says and walks away.

"Amelia how many times have I told you to stay away from holden?"Jordi utters with a frowning face I forgot she was here

"I don't recall Jordi, and besides why don't you tell holden to stay away from me, just so you know I won't stay away from him, so you can do whatever you want for all I care ".I say and walk out on her.

_____________________________________________________

" Way to go Amelia " I mean you should have seen the look on her face when you told her off " blossom blurbs she's been saying this for the past 4 minutes well since we are having our lunch break as at now.

"Am proud ,you finally stood up for yourself Amelia " mia utters and tries to plaster a smile on her face.

"Thanks, guys but I didn't plan to do that , she gets on my nerves. "

"Yeah, she gets on everyone's nerves ,I heard that you and holden were having a flirty  conversation and laughing a lot," blossom says with her eyebrows up  ,looking directly at me.

"What! I muse almost choking on my food , people are quick at making fake assumptions ,we were just talking about the Saturday incident when his family came over to my place"

"And she puked on his jacket," mia says.

"amelia that's quite mortifying but cute like in the novel's,what did he do after that?"

"I ran to the bathroom immediately when that occurred so I don't know, though he told me to keep it"mia and blossom both burst out into laughter

"I would definitely keep the jacket ,who wouldn't want to keep Holden Andrew's jacket " says blossom.

The siren echoes .
"I gotta go guys see you after music class "i muse while I make my way to music class.

"Gracias my musicians am glad you are all here, for all of you to be here, it means you have passion for music, am glad to say that our music festival will be very grand everyone will be expectant and I will be too ,so for today all we are going to do is rehearse with our partners and work on your voices".

" So where would you like us to start from?" Holden asks

"How about we decide on which song we should duet" I say .

"Yeah that's important too, but can't we first see how our voices can sync I've never really sung with anyone for the music festival , I'm used to doing it alone, but practice makes perfect "he utters

"I see but why haven't you done it with anyone if I may ask?"

" I like to express how i feel through music and i feel like singing with someone random destroys that morale,I guess singing with you wouldn't hurt, " holden says with a smile on his face.

"It's s good that you are smiling, truth is that I rarely see you smile, you're ever grumpy "I let out and look at holden and find him lurking too, if I had a choice I would relive this moment every day.

"You worthless gourmand " I hear someone say and I feel something cold, dripping from my head at this moment I realise that someone poured juice in my hair and now my uniform is wet and stained,I look up and see the only meddlesome girl who keeps getting on my nerves why does she always ruin everything!
Everyone's eyes in music class are on jordi and I can't lie I feel timid and pissed at this time. without thinking I get up from my seat and slap her across the face. Oh no, what have I done did I just slap jordi , this is the worst I've ever done.
In a blink of an eye, Jordi and I are on the ground and on top of one another combating each other, everyone in the music room keeps cheering of course except for holden whose trying to pull me away from Jordi but I won't let him do it this time.

"That's it girls I've had enough of this " A loud voice pierces through the room and everyone stops cheering, looking at my left i see Mrs Ross. Oh, shit can't this get any worse.