chapter 16 : -STICHES-

Listen to stitches by Shawn Mendes for this chapter
~Caden's pov~
It feels like my life's falling apart, my families business is going down ,my mum keeps on complaining that we are going bankrupt on the top of that she filed for divorce, she says she can't stay with someone who can't buy her what she needs I tried to talk to one of my close friends Holden , but his been acting weird lately and Xavier is just too busy for any conversation
The only person that copes with me is Mia she's been with me through these hard times it sucks that I have to see her go through everything she's going through,  I hate to put her through all this shit and people are being judgmental without even trying to find out why I've been acting shitty.
I'm too overwhelmed by costalgia ,All my siblings are literally counting on me now because am the eldest I have to stay strong for them.
I am Staring at the ceiling in my room
and my phone rings and the name Mia flushes up to my screen I instantly pick up  .

"Hi cad how you doing "

"Am better since you called me "

"Do you want to get some smoothies or something to cheer you up "she asks

"Well Mia I...."

"I'll be there in 15 minutes get your act together".

She's the only one who makes me feel better i don't know what could I do without her.

"Caden aren't you going to have dinner with your family before you leave, I've already set the table". my mum says like nothing serious is going on, can't she see that no one's happy with her decision ,she's the real definition of selfish.

"No I am going out and am not hungry, Mia is already waiting outside for me ".

"Okay she's a very nice girl, say hi for me won't you " she says with a fake smile plastered on her face.

I proceed outside and see Mia in her car with her hair in perfect loose curls

"Will you just stand there staring at me or Will you come in "Mia utters.

"I was going to come in I was just notioning so where are we going".

"It's a surprise I am not going to tell you, you'll just have to find out".she says

"Just give me clue" .

"Nope just relax and enjoy the ride."

~Mia's POV ~
Caden hasn't been himself for the past week, so I just thought of something that could cheer him up, I heard there's a skateboarding competition downtown and that's where I am taking him his really loves skating and am sure it's the right thing to cheer him up.

"Hey  we are here" ,the skate park is full of graffiti art on its interior making it look artistic.

"You brought me to a skateboarding park ?"he asks.

"Yeah! don't you like skateboarding?"

"I do, but I didn't think you knew I love skating, I didn't even carry my skate board."

"Don't worry I've got everything covered ,I carried everything necessary "I grab everything at the back of car hopefully he didn't notice them earlier.

" what's taking you so long I can't wait to get my feet on the skating ground." He muses

"Just a minute" I yell, i hand caden his skateboard and helmet.
"Aren't you  joining us?" one of the guys on the field asks .

"No I know nothing about skating " I answer truthfully.

"Let's see what you got  "one  guy with tattoos all over his Arms utters.

Caden puts his skateboard on stable ground, so it doesn't roll over and On level concrete, he stands. On the board with his forward foot and uses a long even step with his back foot to create momentum, I am really getting a hang of interpreting something I know nothing about.
He lifts his weight forward from his ankle, that amount of pressure has him moving forward and backwards from the skating park in the end he kick turns and somersaults.

"You've got some sick move's dude" one of the guys says and cheers for caden.

"Thanks "he says and starts heading my way as I am currently leaning towards the car ".

"I really appreciate you bringing me here do you want to do anything you like he asks".

"Mm mm not really I think we can just grab some McDonald's, Then go to the lake afterwards what do you think".

"Yes I think that's a great idea ".

On our ride to McDonald's caden was the one driving while I flex and take pictures.

"Mia?",
"Umm yes caden what's up "

"I am sorry for all the shit I put you through ,you going late to class just because you were trying to help me get my act together and the time you smoked just because I was doing it to ease my pain I've been a shithead lately, but you've being trying to set me straight i really appreciate it." He says and gives me a genuine smile, but I can see the hurt and sadness in his eyes.

"Don't be such big baby I mean that's what's friends are for exactly we are just friends how I wish we would be more than that if only he knew I did this because am in love with him.
You don't have to thank me really am just trying to help, stop being a Winnie and continue driving before you start crying " I muse

We pull up at McDonald's and order some take away ,The sky is turning into some shade of gray and is covered with dark clouds ,I think it will start pouring even before we reach our destination".

As caden continues driving there is serious traffic ahead of us and I know we are going to stay here for long because we can't drive in this heavy rain and thunderstorms.

"Guess Will be stuck here for an hour or two" Says Caden.

"I guess I'll be stuck with you for all that time." I utter more like a whisper

"Don't pretend like you don't love my company at all Mia I know you like being around me."

"Oh, shut up you are going crazy "I tell him.

"I am going crazy but crazy for you Bambi ". He retorts

I roll my eye's and a middle-aged man comes knocking on our window Caden levels down the window.
"I think the rain will take a lot of time to stop, so unfortunately you'll be stuck here for 2 hours we will signal you when to drive at least you and your girlfriend won't be bored I see you have McDonald's ,enjoy." The man says and walks away.

"Okay thanks for the information and we definitely will" caden muses

"I am not your girlfriend remember "I say to him.

"It wouldn't hurt if you were right ?" he says and grins.

"Is this you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"Yes I know it's not romantic, but I'll make it up to you when you give me an answer."

"Ummm let me think about it", I say but deep down my heart ,I am feeling so freaking awesome my heart is probably doing somersaults.
I wish I could tell Amelia all this, but we ended our convo on bad terms.

"Hey caden can you turn up the radio while we eat I am getting bored in here and my phone's battery is dead".

"Sure let me just see which radio has some hit jams"he changes a few channels and I tell him to stop after they mentioned Shawn Mendes on one of the radio's his my favorite artist! I scream and stitches start's playing.
OMG stitches is my favorite song too I jump from my seat and start singing along with the song from the radio

I thought that I've been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore
Your words cut deeper than a knife
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover....

I stop singing midway and Decide to glance at caden, With our eyes locking, I decide to move closer to him and he does the same too he caresses my cheek and tags my hair behind my ear ,I close the gap between us and press our lips together, our lips sync slow in motion with lethargy.

A/N
Hey babes this chapter was kind of long but I hope you enjoyed it and the questions to caden's sudden behaviour have been answered and also what you think about caden and mia! Don't forget to vote and comment down below

This chapter was specially written for Reedah_012hope you loved it.