{ epilogue }

{ epilogue }

ONE YEAR LATER...

Dara was busy tossing her clothes and other things on her carry-on. It was already seven in the morning in the US and she was supposed to be at the airport in fifteen minutes. She knows that it doesn’t really help that the John F. Kennedy International Airport was thirty minutes away from her house and her phone had been incessantly ringing since five minutes ago.

She cursed as she started cramming everything inside the bag and grabbed her phone before running to get her suitcase. She fumbled on her door and locked it before rushing down, trying to flag a cab. As her bad luck would have it, all the cabs were occupied.

It took her another three minutes before she managed to snag one. “JFK please,” she said in flawless English as the driver sped off. She took a peek at her phone and saw that it was Jiyong. “Hey babe,” she answered breathlessly.

“GOD, KWON DARA, STOP SCARING ME LIKE THAT!” He yelled through the phone. “I’ve been calling you!”

“Calm down, Ji, it’s freaking seven in the morning here!” She replied, trying to make him understand that the fourteen-hour time difference wasn’t really on their side.

“Yeah, yeah, sorry. You’ll arrive tomorrow, right? At 11 AM?” He asked.

“Yup!” She answered cheerily. It had been a full year since Dara settled on New York, New York, and she was very pleased with how things turned out. She managed to overcome her fears which the PTSD brought her, and Jiyong’s company was back on top. They never lost communication, what with Jiyong calling her almost every minute and him flying to US every month just to see her.

“Arasso. Call me when you land, okay? Bom noona and TOP hyung will fetch you.” He reminded.

She pouted, sulking. “Yah, why won’t you fetch me?!”

Jiyong laughed on the other line. They were planning something, but of course, he cannot let Dara in on their secret. “I have a meeting, babe. You can even ask Jaejoong if you want.” He playfully replied. Jaejoong and Jiyong’s relationship was restored back to what it was before, although Dara admits that it wasn’t particularly smooth sailing. It took her and Yuri a lot of effort to convince Jiyong that Jaejoong won’t take Yuri away.

“Okay, okay.” She responded. “See you soon.”

“See you babe. I love you.”

“I love you too.” She answered before hanging up. She was smiling dreamily to herself that she didn’t even notice that they were already in front of the airport. Upon seeing the busy airport, Dara got back to her senses. She quickly paid the cab driver and stormed off.

Upon reaching the ticket counter, she was already heaving deep breaths. The attendant politely smiled at her dishevelled appearance. “I’m sorry, ma’am, but the plane already departed.” She said in a sympathetic voice.

Dara wanted to just drop dead on the airport floor. “Omoooo...” She muttered weakly.