{ 39 }

{ 39 }

Dara was still feeling woozy when she opened her eyes to unfamiliar surroundings. Her eyelids were drooping, and the events were scattered. She couldn’t make out where she was. All she was sure of was that she was tied to a chair and her feet were joined in by a duct tape.

It all clicked to her when she saw Jaejoong, Jo Pil Guk, and Madame Kwon standing in front of her. Her eyes instantly widened as she took in the place. Men were scattered around her. The only difference was that the men who stood around her now were far from the men who protected her. The men around her now all look ready to pounce and kill. Pil Guk tapped Jaejoong’s shoulder. “You did a good job, Jaejoong.” The older man said in satisfaction.

She could still not believe it. Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong. The person whom Jiyong trusts. The person to whom Jiyong entrusted her with, believing that he was the most trustworthy person in the world... turned out to be a snake.

His face was blank as he gazed at Dara. He only bowed a little to Pil Guk. “Thank you, sir.” He answered, his voice stiff.

“You’re really a great leader.” Pil Guk praised once more.

She has a lot of questions floating in her mind. Madame Kwon... God, this is Madame Kwon. This is eomeonim! Jiyong’s mother... She cannot grasp the reality that she was there, tied on a chair and duct taped because of the mother of the person she loves. WHY?

The Madame Kwon in front of her was a stranger. She couldn’t see the Madame Kwon who treated her nicely. The Madame Kwon who told her that she was basically her mother because she’s Jiyong’s girlfriend. The Madame Kwon whom she met at Jiyong’s unit and at the Kwon mansion, acting every inch of a mother.

No, the Madame Kwon in front of her was wearing a sinister look, far from the elegant and gentle Madame Kwon.

“I didn’t plan on doing this, Dara,” Madame Kwon said, her voice cool and steady, as if engaging in a polite conversation. “You brought this upon yourself. You shouldn’t have gone to the mansion today.”

“Why?” Dara croaked out. “How could you this?”

Madame Kwon didn’t answer her question. “You’re not supposed to be here, but maybe this would put Jiyong in despair?”

“That’s certain, Yuhee.” Pil Guk replied. “If what you said about Jiyong being head over heels in love for this girl, maybe he’ll even die.” He let out an evil laugh. “That would be great for us, and for Yuri.”

“Of course!” Madame Kwon answered. “I wouldn’t do all these dirty tricks if not for my princess.”

“What do you suggest we do with this girl?” Pil Guk asked. He scrutinized Dara with his gaze, and she quickly looked away. Her eyes locked with Jaejoong’s, which were still void of any emotions. “How could you?” She mouthed to him.

He didn’t answer; he only averted his gaze away from her. Pil Guk and Madame Kwon were talking. “She’s not bad. Your son picks well.” He said, teasing.