{ 42 }

{ 42 }

TOP, Jiyong, and the Park family were all anxious as they wait for Dr. Cheon’s assessment. He was currently inside Dara’s room, checking if Youngbae’s and Dr. Nam’s assumptions were true. Jiyong asked for Bom to take care of Yuri for a little bit since he doesn’t want to stress his sister anymore. There was still the issue with Jaejoong, and honestly, he couldn’t even grasp the idea of Yuri being Kim Yuri.

When Dr. Cheon went out of the room, Jiyong raced to him. “What happened, Dr. Cheon?” He asked. His heart was hammering inside his chest in fear that their assumptions were right. That Dara really doesn’t want to see Jiyong, and even Yuri. He was hoping against hope that it was just shock and disbelief which drove her to do that.

Unfortunately, Dr. Cheon’s face already told tales. When he opened his mouth, Jiyong’s hope vanished. “Ms. Park Sandara is currently diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD. Because the event had deeply scarred her, her mind wanted to withdraw from all the things, events, or people which will remind her of the accident.”

Jiyong’s mindset was crushed. He was left speechless, which is why Mr. Park took the initiative to speak. “What should we do to help her?”

“Well, we will let her undergo therapy so that she will overcome this. However, the family and friends’ support will be better for her. You have to make her feel that she’s not going insane and that you will always be there to help her.”

“We’ll do that, Dr. Cheon.” Mrs. Park replied. “Can we see her soon?”

“You can visit her now, but she’s still asleep because of the sedative we put on her medicine. She’ll probably wake up later in the evening.” He said. The doctor bowed lightly. “I’ll be on my office if you need anything.”

“Certainly, doctor.” Mrs. Park swiftly answered, and soon enough, the six of them were left on the waiting area outside the private rooms.

Jiyong slumped on one of the chairs. His head was aching and his eyes were bloodshot. He hasn’t eaten anything yet and he hasn’t slept thinking about Dara. Now that he knew that she was diagnosed with PTSD, what were his chances left of being with her?

“Jiyong-ah,” Mrs. Park lightly called. He tilted his head to see Dara’s mother better. She let out a tender smile as she spoke. “You can go in.”

Surprise was shown on his face. “Jangmonim, you know Dara will pro–”

“I know,” Mrs. Park answered. “But that’s only if she’s awake. She’s asleep now, so seize your chance, Jiyong-ah.”

Hearing that, he quickly jumped to his feet, walking towards Dara’s room in steady strides. However, as soon as he held the steel handle of the door, he felt his knees getting week and his eyes tearing. He couldn’t push open the door in fear that he wouldn’t want to leave as soon as he gets to her side.

To his surprise, another hand held the handle and opened it for him. When he turned, he saw Sanghyun, awkwardly staring at his shoes. “Listen to omma. Now that Dara noona’s condition is like this, you have to take every moment when you can spend your time with her.” He said, his voice soft.