{ 27 }

{ 27 }

When Dara got outside of the restaurant, the warm air hit her face. She looked for her phone inside her bag but it slipped back when she tried to get it. That was when she realized that her hands were a bit clammy. She smiled nervously to herself. She still remembers how Jiyong was when he gets jealous.

Her mind wandered to Taehwan, Ilwoo and those other “cases,” as Bom, TOP, and Youngbae refers to it. The Kwonzilla unleashes itself, and it was never a good thing to watch. She hopes that he matured quite a bit this time. After all, five years have passed and they’re not kids anymore.

She dialled Jiyong’s number. The first ring didn’t even finish when an angry dragon answered the other line, “FUCK, ABOUT TIME KWON DARA!!!” He roared before Dara even got the chance to say a cautious “hello.”

Hearing the anger in his voice, Dara was quite sure that the five years did nothing to tame the childish Jiyong whenever he’s jealous. Still, rather than feeling angry herself, she felt this certain calm. Hearing anger and jealousy in his voice like this only proves that her Jiyong is back.

“Jiyong.” She acknowledged a bit stiffly, trying to hide her giggles. She feels happy hearing him call her Kwon Sandara, since he usually does that when he’s being cheesy or enraged. This case though, she was sure it was the latter’s fault.

“Jesus, I’ve been calling you and you didn’t answer! I thought something happened or you– Damn it, Mrs. Kwon, stop pulling that trick.” He replied. Dara was a hundred percent certain that even the clear phone reception didn’t do justice to Jiyong’s exasperated voice.

“Why?” She teased. “You thought I’ll cheat on you?”

He sighed deeply before answering. “I thought you changed your mind.” He answered seriously, making her guilty. “Seriously, babe, I was so close to losing it.” He breathed through the phone, and she could only imagine what he went through while trying to reach for her.

His answer silenced her. She didn’t know that he was fearing about her decision. When she accepted him, she was ready to accept everything about him wholeheartedly. God, it is Kwon Jiyong they’re talking about. She would never let him slip away again. “Why would you think that, Ji?” She softly asked.

“Because I’m the one who screwed up, Dee. Royally fucked things up. I promised–”

“No, it’s not your fault, Kwon Jiyong.” She stated firmly. “You didn’t even remember.”

“That’s it, Dara. I should have.” His voice still suggested anger– but it was now directed to himself. “I should have remembered. What if I didn’t meet you? What would have happened then?” He challenged, frustration in his voice.

Dara couldn’t answer his queries. Even she doesn’t know. Now, even thinking about not being with Jiyong feels like someone just ripped her heart out. She couldn’t imagine life without him anymore, because he gave color to her life. He gives life to her life.

“I couldn’t even think about it...” She silently admitted. “I’m sorry, Ji. I was just kind of occupied. I had classes going on.”