{ 17 }

{ 17 }

Dara woke up to the sound of her doorbell’s insistent ringing. She barely had time to wash her face before opening the door. There, she saw Bom, TOP and Youngbae, looking nervous as they stare at her.

“Dara-yah?” Bom cautiously called out.

Dara had temporarily forgotten about her fight with her friends ever since she met Jiyong. The only thing which occurred to her these days is that she needs to help Jiyong regain his memories, which is why she was surprised that the three of them really got troubled to go together. All of them were busy. Bom, who’s writing song lyrics for YG Entertainment and also runs a coffee shop, TOP, who was the head of the marketing department of a well-known company and of course, Youngbae, who was now a resident doctor.

“Oh… Why are you guys here?” Dara asked.

“We’re really sorry if we lied to you, Dee noona!” TOP instantly answered.

“Yeah, Dara noona. We feel really bad. This is our first major fight as friends and it certainly doesn’t feel good.” Youngbae added.

To the three’s surprise, Dara smiled. “Aniyo, it’s not your fault, guys. I understand that you guys only wanted to protect me. Besides, you didn’t actually lie since I didn’t ask you anything about Jiyong.”

Bom, TOP and Youngbae curiously looked at each other before eyeing Dara. “Yah, something happened right?”

“Did you meet Jiyong?”

“Have you guys talked?”

Dara nervously tried to avoid the questions. “Yah what are you guys talking about?”

“Sandara, you haven’t mentioned his name that easily in the last five years.” Bom answered seriously. “Even when we last talked in my café, there will always be tears in your eyes whenever we refer to Jiyong the Jerk. Now, stop beating around the bush and be honest…”

The three of them stared hard at her. “Have you met Jiyong?”

Dara sighed, putting her guard down. She doesn’t want to lie to her best friends in the world. She would do her best to make them understand Jiyong. “You guys come in. I’ll explain later, I swear. I’ll just wash up and be right back.”

--

Youngbae cooked breakfast while Dara was in the shower. The three friends discussed about Dara’s possible meeting with Jiyong.

“Do you think they got back together?” Bom asked while chewing on a corn cob TOP bought for her before they got to Dara’s apartment.

“Nope.” TOP said before gulping down a glass of water. “If they did, Dara noona would tell us right away.”

“But she met him already and she didn’t tell us.” Bom counterattacked, still unconvinced with TOP’s answer.