{ 19 }

{ 19 }

Jiyong and Bom hadn’t met for five years. They should be having their happy reunion now as close friends, but rather than doing that, the two of them were staring hard at each other. Well, it was more like Bom glaring at Jiyong while the latter wordlessly take it in.

“You’re a jerk, Kwon Jiyong,” were Bom’s first words as she entered Jiyong’s office. Yet, not even a flicker of emotion was seen from his face. He had been used to hearing people saying bad things to him, but they didn’t exactly do that in front of his face and those words don’t actually come from people close to him. For now, Jiyong would make an exception, since Park Bom was a special case.

“Sit down, Park Bom.” Jiyong gestured at the chair in front of his desk.

Bom didn’t bother sitting down. She just went straight to glaring at Jiyong for a few minutes now. He didn’t look away though, because for him, looking away means admitting a mistake that he wasn’t even conscious of.

“You’re still a jerk, Jiyong.” Bom said. “Can’t you just leave Dara alone now? You’ve lived perfectly without remembering her for five years. What difference would it make, huh?” She added, venom dripping from her voice.

“Bom, it was advised by the doctor himself that Dara help me–” Jiyong tried to explain, but Bom cut her off in an instant.

“So you’re making use of Dara’s kindness to help you now since you’re in a rut?” Bom sniggered. “God, Jiyong, I never pegged you for a user.”

Jiyong breathed deeply to calm himself. At least, when Dara talked about him the first time they met again after five years, she was saying things on his back. But Park Bom? She had insulted him a few times now, and anyone who knows the CEO Kwon Jiyong would be in for a surprise if they saw how Jiyong contained himself. He knows that Bom has a sharp tongue, but never in his wildest dreams that she would use her sharp tongue on him.

“I’m not a user, noona.” Jiyong replied in a hard voice. “You know me. I wouldn’t use a person like that.”

Bom seemed to mellow down a little, hearing Jiyong call her ‘noona’ again. “What would you call what you’re doing now, then?” She challenged.

“As I have explained, she was only helping me.” Jiyong reasoned out.

“Do you have any plans of getting back with her?” Bom asked sharply.

“None!” He exclaimed. “As I have told Dara, I just don’t want to leave a part of myself forgotten. I hate being kept in the dark, and not remembering anything about a woman who used to be my girlfriend makes me feel vulnerable. If I don’t regain those memories now, I’d feel like it would be my liability in the future.”

Bom stared at him, surprise evident on her face. “You…” She couldn’t easily form a sentence. “You told her that bluntly?”

“Yes.” He answered, thinking he did good. “It was better than misleading her.”