{ 24 }

{ 24 }

Jiyong was restlessly waiting outside Dara’s house. He tried to drive around a while ago, but his efforts were futile. He had wanted to call Bom, but he doesn’t have her number. Sitting on the hood of his car while religiously waiting for Dara wasn’t the best plan ever, but it was all he could do.

Just then, a car pulled over in front of Dara’s apartment. He straightened his back and looked closely if it was Dara. A man emerged from the driver’s seat. His eyes squinted as he tried to remember who that person was. It all clicked when the man opened the passenger door and he saw a fragile-looking Dara sleeping.

The man was her colleague from the school where she teaches at. Jiyong strode towards them before Donghae was able to carry Dara inside her apartment. “Mr. Kwon?” Donghae asked.

He barely nodded. “I’ll take Dara inside.” He commanded.

Confusion crossed over Donghae’s face, but it was suddenly determined. “I was the one who brought her home and she fell asleep in my car. I don’t want her to think that I’d abandon her just because some random guy told me to.”

“I’m not a random guy,” he answered in a controlled voice. The night’s roughness was finally starting to take its toll on him, and the guy’s stubbornness surely wasn’t helping his case.

“Yeah?” Donghae snorted. “You don’t know her–”

He wasn’t able to contain himself. He held Donghae’s collar and slammed him against his car’s hood. “Don’t talk like you know everything. I’ve known her for six fucking years, and you don’t have the right to stop me.” He roughly shoved him again before finally letting his collar go. He grabbed her bag and scooped her up before walking towards the house.

Donghae stared at them in surprise. He thought that there was something between Dara and Mr. Kwon, but it never occurred to him that they had something different, like what Mr. Kwon was trying to get at. Dara drilled into them that they were friends and nothing more.

“Why don’t you make yourself useful and open the door?” Jiyong growled. Donghae walked towards them and fished the keys out of Dara’s bag. Jiyong was about to push the door open when Donghae stopped him.

“I don’t know what’s going on between you guys, but I hope you’d stop making Dee feel bad. We were all okay until you barged in her life like a fucking hurricane.” Donghae angrily spat and glared at him one more time before he walked back towards his car.

Jiyong didn’t bother waiting for him to start it up before he went inside. He gently laid her down on her bed and covered her with a blanket before lying down next to her and cradling her in his arms.

She whimpered slightly before welcoming the warmth from him. She tightly hugged his waist with her frail arms and whispered in her sleep. “Kajima...”

He felt his throat constrict before she embraced her closer. “I won’t be going anywhere, noona.”

--

Dara had a dream. An extremely pleasant dream where everything was perfect. In her dream, Jiyong loved her back, and she didn’t have to compete the five thousand other sophisticated women from his league to get his attention. In her dream, Jiyong stayed with her even though he already remembered. It was the most euphoric and most heartbreaking dream of her life.