{ 21 }

{ 21 }

It was 9 o’clock on the dot when the doorbell to Dara’s apartment rang. She quickly scrambled to her feet, fixed her hair a little and proceeded to get the door. When she opened it, she saw a casual-dressed Kwon Jiyong, far from his usual business suits.

She gazed at him a little more than needed. She had always known that Kwon Jiyong has a great fashion sense way back in the university. Perhaps, she believed, that that particular trait was one of the reasons why you just couldn’t stop yourself from ogling whenever he walks by.

PARK! Get a hold of yourself!

She cleared her throat and smiled brightly at Jiyong. “Hi. Good morning.”

A side of his lips upturned, revealing his signature smirk. “Good morning yourself. Let’s go.” He walked over to his Lamborghini parked in front of Dara’s apartment, leaning in there as he waited for Dara to safely lock her door.

From afar, Jiyong looked awesome. It was even more amazing when you get to see him up close. Dara could see some of her neighbors were busy staring at the Lamborghini Aventador, and even busier ogling at the gorgeous owner. She scowled at the looks they’re giving Kwon Jiyong, suddenly feeling possessive. She sped up her strides.

“You ready?” Jiyong asked.

Dara could feel the jealousy and envy spouting from her female neighbors. She inwardly smirked. Tch. Back off, you flirts! Kwon Jiyong is mine!

Her eyes widened as she caught herself. What the hell, Dara?! Get. A. Grip!

Jiyong took hold of Dara’s shoulder because for a minute he thought that she was going to faint. Her eyes suddenly widened. “Dara? Are you okay?”

Dara sucked in her breath before smiling and trying her best to be graceful. “I’m great. Let’s go.”

The two of them got inside the car as Jiyong drove off.

--

“So, where are we going?” Dara broke the ice. They’d been driving for a few minutes now, but Jiyong wasn’t saying anything.

“You were the one who asked me out, right?” He teased. “I thought you already planned the itinerary.”

Dara’s cheeks were tinted with pink as she tried to clear her name. “YAH! I did not ask you out!”

Jiyong laughed at Dara’s adorableness. Dara was surprised to see him laughing this casually that she can’t help but to show him a smile of her own.

What Dara didn’t know was that Jiyong was more surprised at himself. He only laughs freely when he was around his mother or Yuri, but Dara... Dara’s opening him up again unconsciously.

An event crossed Jiyong’s memory. He was a feeling a bit light-headed, causing him to pull over.