{ 36 }

{ 36 }

Dara did her best to cover up the mark Jiyong left with a concealer. She was cursing him all the way while they were on the road, but the said man was only laughing at her. “Why did you put this... hideous mark on me!!!”

“Yah,” he said as he pulled over for a while. She turned to him and suddenly, his fingers landed on the hideous mark Dara was referring to. “C’mon, I did a good job, didn’t I, babe?” He told her, his expression smug.

She didn’t stop herself from clobbering him with her bag. “You’re really crazy! We’re going to see my family!”

“Okay, okay, fine. I’m sorry!” He apologized in the end. “We should get going now, I don’t want to miss our flight.”

“Tch,” Dara sulked again before allowing Jiyong to drive to the airport.

When they arrived at the airport, Dara saw that Jaejoong along with his other men were already waiting for them. The rest of them carried a duffel bag. “Wait, they’re coming with us?” She asked while the men bowed to them.

“Uh-huh. We need them to protect us if ever some crazy paparazzo managed to see us. Besides,” he nonchalantly said, “this is better since there won’t be any stranger on board with us.”

Dara only shook her head at her fiancé’s rather unique logic. The men in black suits followed and crowded them closely. Jiyong placed a cap on her head so that she would be better protected.

Just like what Jiyong expected, a swarm of media people were waiting for them. She couldn’t even think how they managed to know that they were going to fly today, but nothing’s really impossible. “Don’t worry, I already sent men to guard your family in case these people found them. Jaejoong’s people are the best, Dee.” He whispered to her as the crowd thickened, cramming them all together like a sandwich.

She kept her head low so that no one else would capture her face. She didn’t have much trouble though, since just like what Jiyong said, Jaejoong’s people are to be trusted. They waved away the media and Dara breathed in relief when they were finally stepping in the plane. Jiyong led her to the business class and just like what he said, no one else was there.

A few minutes after, Jaejoong and the other bodyguards came piling in. Dara felt extra relief knowing that no one would hog them in here. At least, for the next hour.

They passed the time flying with Jiyong asking her to tell him things about her family which happened for the past five years he had gone. Dara gamely agreed, enthusiastic to talk about her family.

They were even surprised when the pilot informed them that they will land soon. They walked out first, but when they were already exiting, they were once again sandwiched between the bodyguards.

More people were at the Busan airport, and Dara shuddered on how they can be just to scoop a headline. Not that she can blame them, since those were their jobs.

Jiyong kept her close as they walked out. A car was already waiting for them and they quickly rode that as some of the bodyguards were left behind to control the media people. “Chaos. This is chaos,” Dara commented breathlessly.